    Can I connect my firewall thourgt consol for a remote location. If is
    then how?

    ~Ovi

    Mamun Shaheed, Nov 2, 2003

  2. Mamun Shaheed wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have configured a PIX 515 firewall. IP address are as follows
    >
    > Outside--->172.16.3.221
    > Inside---->10.10.12.1
    >
    > I want telnet my firewall from outside means I want to connect at
    > ouside interface. Telneting internal interface is Ok. I found in cisco
    > that to telnet at outer interface it have to be configured for IPSec.
    > I do not want to do that.
    >
    > Is there any other way?? Pls suggest.
    >
    > Can I connect my firewall thourgt consol for a remote location. If is
    > then how?
    >
    > ~Ovi

    If you are administering a PIX from the outside you should use SSH
    instead of telnet. Setting up a PIX for SSH access from outside is not
    very hard to do. Cisco web site has documents on how to set it up. You
    can then use a free SSH client to administer the PIX instead of a telnet
    client.

    --Mike

    Michael Janke, Nov 2, 2003

  3. "Mamun Shaheed" <> wrote:

    > I want telnet my firewall from outside means I want to connect at
    > ouside interface. Telneting internal interface is Ok. I found in cisco
    > that to telnet at outer interface it have to be configured for IPSec.
    > I do not want to do that.
    >
    > Is there any other way?? Pls suggest.

    SSH.

    Jyri Korhonen, Nov 2, 2003
  4. Mamun Shaheed

    Memnoch Guest

    On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 15:03:57 GMT, Michael Janke <>
    wrote:

    >Mamun Shaheed wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I have configured a PIX 515 firewall. IP address are as follows
    >>
    >> Outside--->172.16.3.221
    >> Inside---->10.10.12.1
    >>
    >> I want telnet my firewall from outside means I want to connect at
    >> ouside interface. Telneting internal interface is Ok. I found in cisco
    >> that to telnet at outer interface it have to be configured for IPSec.
    >> I do not want to do that.
    >>
    >> Is there any other way?? Pls suggest.
    >>
    >> Can I connect my firewall thourgt consol for a remote location. If is
    >> then how?
    >>
    >> ~Ovi

    >If you are administering a PIX from the outside you should use SSH
    >instead of telnet. Setting up a PIX for SSH access from outside is not
    >very hard to do. Cisco web site has documents on how to set it up. You
    >can then use a free SSH client to administer the PIX instead of a telnet
    >client.

    I recommend PuTTY for this. Very easy to set up.

    Memnoch, Nov 2, 2003
  5. Mamun Shaheed

    John T. Guest

    I suggest that you use ssh instead.