    I have a Sony F828 & i was wondering if anyone knows of a good telephoto add
    on lens at a reasonable price here in the U.K.

    Phil.

    Mr Digital, Sep 26, 2004

  2. Mr Digital

    Bill Crocker Guest

    Found this using Google:
    http://raynox.co.jp/english/digital/f828/

    Bill Crocker

    Bill Crocker, Sep 26, 2004

  3. Mr Digital

    Basic Wedge Guest

    I just suddenly became a lot more interested in cameras like the Sony F828!
    That's a slick add-on. I wonder how well they perform in the real world?

    Rob

    ------------------------

    "Bill Crocker" wrote...

    Basic Wedge, Sep 26, 2004
  4. Mr Digital

    Mark M Guest

    "Basic Wedge" <> wrote in message
    > I just suddenly became a lot more interested in cameras like the Sony

    F828!
    > That's a slick add-on. I wonder how well they perform in the real world?

    Strange that they don't mention anything about they change the effective
    aperture...

    Mark M, Sep 26, 2004
  5. Mr Digital

    Basic Wedge Guest

    The change in aperture is a given. Still, that's a valid point. What is the
    net effect, any idea?

    Rob

    --------------------------

    "Mark M" wrote ...

    Basic Wedge, Sep 27, 2004
  6. Mr Digital

    > The change in aperture is a given. Still, that's a valid point. What is

    the
    > net effect, any idea?

    That's what I mean.
    They don't mention anything about it.
    Sadly, I suspect that they may assume non DSLR types may not know the
    difference, and so they may feel like they don't have to say.
    -Just a theory, of course.

    Mark M, Sep 27, 2004
  7. Mr Digital

    Guest

    In message <nbG5d.337945$Oi.51445@fed1read04>,
    "Mark M" <> wrote:

    >"Basic Wedge" <> wrote in message
    >> I just suddenly became a lot more interested in cameras like the Sony

    >F828!
    >> That's a slick add-on. I wonder how well they perform in the real world?

    >Strange that they don't mention anything about they change the effective
    >aperture...

    It probably doesn't affect it at all. Look at the diameter of the
    entrance lens; it's about 2x the diameter of the main lens.

    The Sony 1.7x for my F707 doesn't change exposure at all; it's still
    f2.4 with or without the converter, fully open.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

    , Oct 3, 2004
  8. Mr Digital

    Mark M Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > In message <nbG5d.337945$Oi.51445@fed1read04>,
    > "Mark M" <> wrote:
    >
    > >"Basic Wedge" <> wrote in message
    > >> I just suddenly became a lot more interested in cameras like the Sony

    > >F828!
    > >> That's a slick add-on. I wonder how well they perform in the real

    world?

    > >Strange that they don't mention anything about they change the effective
    > >aperture...

    > It probably doesn't affect it at all. Look at the diameter of the
    > entrance lens; it's about 2x the diameter of the main lens.

    Perhaps true, but if that is the case, I would think they'd be singing
    loudly about it. Maybe they figure the market they are going after wouldn't
    be aware of this extension/aperture issue, and just kept quiet about it...

    > The Sony 1.7x for my F707 doesn't change exposure at all; it's still
    > f2.4 with or without the converter, fully open.

    Hm.

    Mark M, Oct 4, 2004