    cannot get too close. I know there is one but it is only 1.7x. I would
    like one with more power which will fit my camera. Any ideas or tips?

    , Sep 26, 2006

  2. irwell Guest

    On 26 Sep 2006 10:42:06 -0700, wrote:

    >I am wondering if there is a telephoto available as an attachment to
    >my DSC-H1. I like taking pictures of birds and insects and sometimes I
    >cannot get too close. I know there is one but it is only 1.7x. I would
    >like one with more power which will fit my camera. Any ideas or tips?

    You probably need a spotting scope and adapter.
    Try asking here.

    irwell, Sep 26, 2006

  3. On 26 Sep 2006 10:42:06 -0700, in rec.photo.digital
    wrote:

    >I am wondering if there is a telephoto available as an attachment to
    >my DSC-H1. I like taking pictures of birds and insects and sometimes I
    >cannot get too close. I know there is one but it is only 1.7x. I would
    >like one with more power which will fit my camera. Any ideas or tips?

    That would all ready give you 1.7 x 432mm = 734mm equiv. Even with image
    stabilization that's pushing handheld capability pretty good. It's made
    specifically for the camera I doubt you'll find anything better elsewhere.
    I used the Nikon TCs on my old 990 and 5700 with decent results. These were
    matched not to decrease the max aperture of the lens which ultimately
    effects the shutter speed you are able to achieve.
    --
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Sep 26, 2006