    I have 41->43 KLA1 Adapter and 43->55 step up ring.
    Which lens would you recommend ?
    Thanks.
    EugeneN, Jul 11, 2003

  2. EugeneN

    Charlie D Guest

    "EugeneN" <> wrote:

    > I'm migrating from my old (nice) baby Oly2000z to Oly5050 and I'm looking
    > for Telephoto Converter Lens.
    > I have 41->43 KLA1 Adapter and 43->55 step up ring.
    > Which lens would you recommend ?

    You're in perfect shape for the best teleconverter, the Oly TCON-17,
    1.7x converter. It screws onto your 55mm ring.

    --
    Charlie Dilks
    Newark, DE USA
    Charlie D, Jul 11, 2003

  3. EugeneN

    EugeneN Guest

    Thanks Charly!

    EugeneN, Jul 11, 2003
  4. EugeneN

    Rick Deckard Guest

    Charlie D <> gave Roy Batty a mean glare and said:

    >You're in perfect shape for the best teleconverter, the Oly TCON-17,
    >1.7x converter. It screws onto your 55mm ring.

    What are the best 2x and 3x converters?

    "You're watching a stage play. A banquet is in progess.
    The guests are enjoying an appetizer of raw oysters.
    The entree consists of boiled dog."
    Rick Deckard, Jul 12, 2003
  5. EugeneN

    Charlie D Guest

    Rick Deckard <> wrote:
    > What are the best 2x and 3x converters?

    I don't know of any that are good quality.
    I wish I did. :( I'd LOVE a 3x.
    The Raynox DCR-1850 Pro which is also a good lens is advertised to be
    1.85x is really only 1.70x magnification.
    The Tiffens and other Raynoxes aren't very good.

    --
    Charlie Dilks
    Newark, DE USA
    Charlie D, Jul 12, 2003
  6. EugeneN

    daytripper Guest

    On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 07:52:39 -0400, Charlie D <> wrote:

    >> Charlie D <> said:
    >> >You're in perfect shape for the best teleconverter, the Oly TCON-17,
    >> >1.7x converter. It screws onto your 55mm ring.

    > Rick Deckard <> wrote:
    >> What are the best 2x and 3x converters?

    >I don't know of any that are good quality.
    >I wish I did. :( I'd LOVE a 3x.
    >The Raynox DCR-1850 Pro which is also a good lens is advertised to be
    >1.85x is really only 1.70x magnification.
    >The Tiffens and other Raynoxes aren't very good.

    Hi Charlie! Is the TCON-17 a reborn/rebadged B-300, or is it a new design?

    /daytripper
    daytripper, Jul 13, 2003
  7. EugeneN

    Charlie D Guest

    daytripper <> wrote:

    > Hi Charlie! Is the TCON-17 a reborn/rebadged B-300, or is it a new design?

    I'm not sure. Oly says it's a new "digital" design. I've seen one test
    in which it looks a bit crisper then the B-300. Grrrr!!!

    --
    Charlie Dilks
    Newark, DE USA
    Charlie D, Jul 13, 2003