    Event ID: 7001
    Date: 5/14/2007
    Time: 11:17:20 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: JWP6K91-64
    The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Telephony
    service which failed to start because of the following error:
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a
    timely fashion.

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7000
    Date: 5/14/2007
    Time: 11:17:20 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: JWP6K91-64
    The Telephony service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a
    timely fashion.

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7009
    Date: 5/14/2007
    Time: 11:17:20 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: JWP6K91-64
    Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Telephony service to
    connect.

    , May 14, 2007

  2. Theo Guest

    Suggestion:
    open your browser, go to www.microsoft.com and type in
    "Error 1503" with quotes in the Search box, press <Enter> or
    click on the Spy Glass logo. You will then be presented
    many options to look at to see what best relates to your
    situation.

    If you add 'x64' to the search box so you have: "Error
    1053" x64

    You will get a single link to one specifically for Windows
    Server 2003 which Win XP x64 is based on. You can see if
    this helpful.

    "Seek and ye shall find!"

    Theo, May 14, 2007

  3. Guest

    On May 14, 1:25 pm, Theo <> wrote:
    > Suggestion:
    > open your browser, go towww.microsoft.comand type in
    > "Error 1503" with quotes in the Search box, press <Enter> or
    > click on the Spy Glass logo. You will then be presented
    > many options to look at to see what best relates to your
    > situation.
    >
    > If you add 'x64' to the search box so you have: "Error
    > 1053" x64
    >
    > You will get a single link to one specifically for Windows
    > Server 2003 which Win XP x64 is based on. You can see if
    > this helpful.
    >
    > "Seek and ye shall find!"
    >

    > wrote:
    > > I have a XP 64 bit machine that is logging the following errors every
    > > second. The Telephony service is set to manually and when I attempt
    > > to start it I get "Error 1053: The service did no respond to the
    > > start or control request in a timely fashion". Any suggestion would
    > > be greatly appreciated.

    > > Event Type: Error
    > > Event Source: Service Control Manager
    > > Event Category: None
    > > Event ID: 7001
    > > Date: 5/14/2007
    > > Time: 11:17:20 AM
    > > User: N/A
    > > Computer: JWP6K91-64
    > > The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Telephony
    > > service which failed to start because of the following error:
    > > The service did not respond to the start or control request in a
    > > timely fashion.

    > > Event Type: Error
    > > Event Source: Service Control Manager
    > > Event Category: None
    > > Event ID: 7000
    > > Date: 5/14/2007
    > > Time: 11:17:20 AM
    > > User: N/A
    > > Computer: JWP6K91-64
    > > The Telephony service failed to start due to the following error:
    > > The service did not respond to the start or control request in a
    > > timely fashion.

    > > Event Type: Error
    > > Event Source: Service Control Manager
    > > Event Category: None
    > > Event ID: 7009
    > > Date: 5/14/2007
    > > Time: 11:17:20 AM
    > > User: N/A
    > > Computer: JWP6K91-64
    > > Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Telephony service to
    > > connect.- Hide quoted text -

    Thank for the replay, but unfortunately I searched the knowledge base
    before posting. I didn't see anything related to Telephony.

    , May 15, 2007
  4. Theo Guest

    I guess I typed in the error code wrong before.

    Have you looked at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914040 ?

    Although it may not be your exact situation read through the
    Resolution. When you're in the services.msc open the
    properties for Telephony and check to see if the
    dependencies are running.

    I found this by searching for "Telephony service" x64

    Theo, May 15, 2007
  5. Guest

    On May 15, 2:53 pm, Theo <> wrote:
    > I guess I typed in the error code wrong before.
    >
    > Have you looked at:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914040?
    >
    > Although it may not be your exact situation read through the
    > Resolution. When you're in the services.msc open the
    > properties for Telephony and check to see if the
    > dependencies are running.
    >
    > I found this by searching for "Telephony service" x64
    >

    > wrote:
    > > On May 14, 1:25 pm, Theo <> wrote:
    > >> Suggestion:
    > >> open your browser, go towww.microsoft.comandtype in
    > >> "Error 1503" with quotes in the Search box, press <Enter> or
    > >> click on the Spy Glass logo. You will then be presented
    > >> many options to look at to see what best relates to your
    > >> situation.

    > >> If you add 'x64' to the search box so you have: "Error
    > >> 1053" x64

    > >> You will get a single link to one specifically for Windows
    > >> Server 2003 which Win XP x64 is based on. You can see if
    > >> this helpful.

    > > Thank for the replay, but unfortunately I searched the knowledge base
    > > before posting. I didn't see anything related to Telephony.- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks again, but know success

    , May 16, 2007