    have the means to assemble one.

    Regards

    Snobby
    Snoggy, Aug 9, 2005

  2. Snoggy

    Guest Guest

    Snoggy <> wrote:
    [...]
    > I want to connect a standard cordless phone unit to my soundcard to
    > use with voipcheap type programs. Is there an easy way of connecting
    > a phone to my soundcard - I've seen weird schematics on the web for
    > adaptors but don't have the means to assemble one.

    Why not use a proper ATA instead of the arse-about-face method you
    propose?

    --
    Her virtue was that she said what she thought, her vice that what she thought
    didn't amount to much.
    Guest, Aug 9, 2005

  3. Snoggy

    Sparks Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Snoggy <> wrote:
    > [...]
    >> I want to connect a standard cordless phone unit to my soundcard to
    >> use with voipcheap type programs. Is there an easy way of connecting
    >> a phone to my soundcard - I've seen weird schematics on the web for
    >> adaptors but don't have the means to assemble one.

    > Why not use a proper ATA instead of the arse-about-face method you
    > propose?

    I thought VoIPCheap used IAX?
    I didn't think ATA's usually supoorted this?

    Sparks...
    Sparks, Aug 9, 2005
  4. Snoggy

    Guest Guest

    Sparks <> wrote:
    > <> wrote:

    [...]
    >> Why not use a proper ATA instead of the arse-about-face method you
    >> propose?

    > I thought VoIPCheap used IAX?
    > I didn't think ATA's usually supoorted this?

    This one does:

    http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=product_detail&product=S101I

    --
    "I Adjure Thee, O Foul Demon of The Sinus, by this Leatherman Tool and
    this Fully Earthed 30 Amp Power Strip! Remain Thou within the Faraday
    Guest, Aug 9, 2005
  5. Snoggy

    Snoggy Guest

    >> Why not use a proper ATA instead of the arse-about-face method you
    >> propose?

    > I thought VoIPCheap used IAX?
    > I didn't think ATA's usually supoorted this?

    This software is not SIP based - its more like yahoo/msn chat - I'm looking
    more for a portable headset solution but was wondering if anyone has ever
    successfully hooked up a cordless phone to a soundcard - I know it is
    possible but the schematics on the net are in ASCII and look like they are
    from the 1970's.

    Snobby
    Snoggy, Aug 9, 2005
  6. Snoggy

    7 Guest

    Snoggy wrote:

    >>> Why not use a proper ATA instead of the arse-about-face method you
    >>> propose?

    >> I thought VoIPCheap used IAX?
    >> I didn't think ATA's usually supoorted this?
    >>

    > This software is not SIP based - its more like yahoo/msn chat - I'm
    > looking more for a portable headset solution but was wondering if anyone
    > has ever successfully hooked up a cordless phone to a soundcard - I know
    > it is possible but the schematics on the net are in ASCII and look like
    > they are from the 1970's.
    >
    > Snobby

    Voipbuster.co.uk, voipfone.co.uk - they have free software for
    microphone+headphone.
    Also there are cordless WiFI phones with VoIP functions
    so you can cut out the PC and still be cordless.
    7, Aug 10, 2005
  7. Snoggy

    Rupert Guest

    "Snoggy" <> wrote in message

    > I want to connect a standard cordless phone unit to my soundcard to use

    with
    > voipcheap type programs. Is there an easy way of connecting a phone to my
    > soundcard - I've seen weird schematics on the web for adaptors but don't
    > have the means to assemble one.

    I think this - http://www.bitcall.com/english/voip-box.asp - allows you to
    use an analogue phone as an audio device and the keypad as a HID.
    Rupert, Aug 13, 2005