    (a) namespace (b)public void (c)private void (d)overide

    how would give these answers in the time given ( 1 minute) and is this
    typical experience when applying for c# jobs

    airwalker, Jan 31, 2006

  2. January 31, 2006

    Well, frankly if that is all of their interview/screening questions, then
    that company isn't looking for tremendously in-depth people ... just my
    opinion.

    --

    Joseph Bittman
    Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

    Blog/Web Site: http://71.39.42.23/

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD, Jan 31, 2006

  3. airwalker

    airwalker Guest

    it wasnt a screening or a interview question, it was just a quick call in
    which I had to answer those questions in 1 minute. I was shocked cos I
    thought that questions would be asked an interview or an online test, and not
    at 1st contact.

    airwalker, Jan 31, 2006
  4. airwalker

    Simon Hart Guest

    They are just separating the wheat from the shaft.

    I recently had these which was a priminlary test which I thought was too easy. I was given 20-25 minutes too:

    Q1) What will be the output of the following code?

    try

    {

    int num = 100;

    int den = 0;

    try

    {

    MessageBox.Show("Message1");

    int res = num/den;

    MessageBox.Show("Message2");

    }

    catch(ArithmeticException ae)

    {

    MessageBox.Show("Message3");

    }

    MessageBox.Show("Message4");

    }

    A)

    Message1

    Message4

    B)

    Message1

    Message2

    Message3

    Message4

    C)

    Message1

    Message3

    Message4

    D)

    Message1

    Message3

    Message2

    Message4

    Q2) What does the following function do?

    private Type GetTypeFromClassName(string className, Assembly lib, Type type1)

    {

    Type t = null;

    Type[] types = lib.GetTypes();

    foreach (Type type in types)

    {

    if( type.GetInterface(type1.Name) != null)

    {

    if( type.FullName.Equals(className) )

    {

    t = type;

    }

    }

    }

    return t;

    }

    A) Returns the Type type1 only if it is contained in Assembly lib.

    B) Returns the type represented by the fully qualified type name className from assembly lib.

    C) Returns the type represented by the fully qualified type name from assembly lib only if it exists and implements the type1 interface.

    Q3) Given the following SQL Server table:

    Which of the following queries would produce the following output?

    EmployeeID FirstName LastName

    ----------- ---------- --------------------

    9 Anne Dodsworth

    6 Michael Suyama

    7 Robert King

    5 Steven Buchanan

    A)

    select EmployeeID, FirstName, LastName from Employees

    WHERE Country='UK'

    ORDER BY HireDate DESC

    B)

    select EmployeeID, FirstName, LastName from Employees

    WHERE Country='UK'

    ORDER BY BirthDate DESC

    C)

    select EmployeeID, FirstName, LastName from Employees

    WHERE EmployeeID > 5

    ORDER BY BirthDate

    Q4) What would happen if you were to compile the following code?

    using System;

    using System.Windows.Forms;

    namespace Questions

    {

    public class Question4

    {

    protected string name;

    public Question4(string Name)

    {

    this.name = Name;

    }

    }

    public class InheritQuestion4 : Question4

    {

    public InheritQuestion4()

    {

    }

    public void ShowName()

    {

    MessageBox.Show( this.name );

    }

    }

    }

    A) The compile would fail as the name variable is not available to the class InheritQuestion4 because of its protection level.

    B) The compile would fail because the InheritQuestion4 constructor does not match a constructor in its parent class.

    C) The compile would succeed.

    Q5) You need to define a property named ModuleNumber. This property should be accessible only inside the same project. Which of the following access modifiers will you use to define this property?

    A) internal

    B) private

    C) protected

    Simon Hart, Feb 1, 2006
  5. airwalker

    Leeland Clay Guest

    I agree. The market is becoming flooded with people who want to become programmers, so they take a boot camp and get certified. The employers just want to see how comfortable you are with the technology. Same thing happened with the MCSE's around 2k.

    One thing to keep in mind is that a correct answer may not be the only valid answer. Some employers would prefer to hear you say that you don't know than for you to make up some BS answer. HOWEVER, if you say you're not sure; make sure you write the question down, find the answer and e-mail a response in your own words the same day. This will show the employer that you're able to adapt and learn quickly.

    Leeland Clay, Feb 11, 2006
  6. airwalker

    Javier Guest

    answers :

    "Leeland Clay" <> wrote in message news:%...
[...]

    Answer - C (Division by zero triggers the exception)

[...]

    Answer - C

    Q3) Given the following SQL Server table:

    Which of the following queries would produce the following output?

    EmployeeID FirstName LastName

    ----------- ---------- --------------------

    9 Anne Dodsworth

    6 Michael Suyama

    7 Robert King

    5 Steven Buchanan

    A)

    select EmployeeID, FirstName, LastName from Employees

    WHERE Country='UK'

    ORDER BY HireDate DESC

    B)

    select EmployeeID, FirstName, LastName from Employees

    WHERE Country='UK'

    ORDER BY BirthDate DESC

    C)

    select EmployeeID, FirstName, LastName from Employees

    WHERE EmployeeID > 5

    ORDER BY BirthDate

    Answer - B

[...]

    Answer - A internal