    internet access to your web application?

    Thanks,
    Allistar.
    Allistar, Jun 19, 2006

  2. Allistar

    Stu Fleming Guest

    Allistar wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > Does anyone have any reviews or recommendations (good or bad) about
    > companies that allow you to telehouse your server so you can provide
    > internet access to your web application?

    What are your service expectations and where would you like it to be based?
    Stu Fleming, Jun 19, 2006

  3. Allistar

    Allistar Guest

    Stu Fleming wrote:

    > Allistar wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >> Does anyone have any reviews or recommendations (good or bad) about
    >> companies that allow you to telehouse your server so you can provide
    >> internet access to your web application?

    > What are your service expectations and where would you like it to be
    > based?

    I'd like it to be based near a major centre. Auckland would be better, North
    Shore is fine. I'd expect unlimited traffic (within reason), backup
    services (tape switching) to be provided and access to the amount of
    bandwidth a popular site would need. It needs to be a commercial hosting
    centre, with all of things one would expect (security, power reliability,
    multiple network points incase one goes down etc).

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Jun 19, 2006
  4. Allistar

    Vista Guest

    Try www.webdrive.co.nz , these guys are good.
    Vista, Jun 19, 2006
  5. Allistar

    Tony Guest

    http://safenz.net/safenz-colocation.pdf
    http://www.iconz.net/colo/
    Tony, Jun 19, 2006
  6. Allistar

    Peter Nield Guest

    "Allistar" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi all,
    > Does anyone have any reviews or recommendations (good or bad) about
    > companies that allow you to telehouse your server so you can provide
    > internet access to your web application?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Allistar.

    Datacom Systems - mind you, I work there, so I'm biased...

    Generally charged by the "U" and network access. And yes, operators on site
    to change tapes and hand the tapes over to the archive people.
    Peter Nield, Jun 20, 2006
  7. > Datacom Systems - mind you, I work there, so I'm biased...

    > Generally charged by the "U" and network access. And yes, operators on site
    > to change tapes and hand the tapes over to the archive people.

    I believe Datacom has large well managed Data Centres also... some of
    which if not all of their centres, have generators that are able to
    keep the systems up and running even under extended power outages. You
    might want to check out those aspects of support and service also,
    particularly if your customers are based overseas.
    HelensKi KlarK, Jun 21, 2006