    Any reason to buy the more expensive Canon other
    than brand name?

    ----- Paul J. Gans
    Paul J Gans, May 15, 2006

  2. Paul J Gans

    This old Bob Guest

    "Paul J Gans" <> wrote in message
    news:e4aeqh$ca0$...
    > 'd like to buy a 1.4X telextender for a Canon
    > telephoto lens. My choice comes down to the
    > Canon 1.4X or the Kenko 1.4X.
    >
    > Any reason to buy the more expensive Canon other
    > than brand name?

    Canon extenders will only work a limited number of Canon lenses (i.e. most
    "L" telephoto and telephoto zoom lenses). I think the 3rd party ones will
    work with more, and I've heard you can stack them. I never used a 3rd party
    extender but I've been tempted from what I've read.
    This old Bob, May 15, 2006

  3. Paul J Gans

    ASAAR Guest

    On Mon, 15 May 2006 17:46:57 +0000 (UTC), Paul J Gans wrote:

    > 'd like to buy a 1.4X telextender for a Canon
    > telephoto lens. My choice comes down to the
    > Canon 1.4X or the Kenko 1.4X.
    >
    > Any reason to buy the more expensive Canon other
    > than brand name?

    It makes it easier to insure that you'll get a good adapter lens,
    based on my assumption that Canon's adapter lenses are like those
    from Fuji and Olympus, all relatively high quality. With brands
    such as Kenko and Raynox it's possible to get lenses just as good
    (and save some money in the process), but they also make cheaper
    lines of adapter lenses that are quite inferior. I found this
    Raynox link a year ago, and while it's for a Fuji camera, it should
    allow you to backtrack and find information tables for Canon
    cameras. Also quoted is an example of the lens info. provided at
    that web site. The same lenses might in some cases be usable on
    Canon, Fuji and other cameras, but the info. pages for specific
    camera & lens combinations are useful in that they show the adapter
    tubes that might be needed.

    ASAAR, May 16, 2006
  4. Paul J Gans

    Paul J Gans Guest

    This old Bob <> wrote:

    >"Paul J Gans" <> wrote in message
    >> 'd like to buy a 1.4X telextender for a Canon
    >> telephoto lens. My choice comes down to the
    >> Canon 1.4X or the Kenko 1.4X.
    >>
    >> Any reason to buy the more expensive Canon other
    >> than brand name?
    >>

    >Canon extenders will only work a limited number of Canon lenses (i.e. most
    >"L" telephoto and telephoto zoom lenses). I think the 3rd party ones will
    >work with more, and I've heard you can stack them. I never used a 3rd party
    >extender but I've been tempted from what I've read.

    Thanks. That helps.

    ---- Paul J. Gans
    Paul J Gans, May 16, 2006