teleconverters

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by HIKER4LIFE, Apr 27, 2004.

  1. HIKER4LIFE

    HIKER4LIFE Guest

    Hello,

    Asking for more input here, if you don't mind.

    I have my new D70 and now, I would like a 2X teleconverter to add to my
    300mm lens. Are there any forewarnings about this - one never knows when
    there might be a big glitch for some piece of equipment.

    I've always been happy with my Nikon equipment - it takes a beating and
    keeps on shooting - I speak from experience - I'm rough on equipment, but it
    just keeps working for me.

    I've taken a few shots and I sure don't see that beautiful quality of light
    I can get with my Velvia - any thoughts on that? I have photoshop, but
    other than adjustment to contrast or saturation, I use the photo as I have
    it.

    I appreciate any thoughts on this 2x converter.

    Thanks much,
    Hiker

    HIKER4LIFE, Apr 27, 2004

  2. HIKER4LIFE

    vhl Guest

    HIKER4LIFE <> wrote:
    > Hello,

    > Asking for more input here, if you don't mind.

    > I have my new D70 and now, I would like a 2X teleconverter to add to my
    > 300mm lens. Are there any forewarnings about this - one never knows when
    > there might be a big glitch for some piece of equipment.

    > I've always been happy with my Nikon equipment - it takes a beating and
    > keeps on shooting - I speak from experience - I'm rough on equipment, but it
    > just keeps working for me.

    > I've taken a few shots and I sure don't see that beautiful quality of light
    > I can get with my Velvia - any thoughts on that? I have photoshop, but
    > other than adjustment to contrast or saturation, I use the photo as I have
    > it.

    > I appreciate any thoughts on this 2x converter.

    If you are only considering the Nikon 2x Converter, ie TC20e(II), then
    make sure that your 300mm is an afs lens as there are no nikon
    teleconverters that maintain a screw driven autofocus motor.

    --
    Vin
    Melbourne, Australia

    vhl, Apr 27, 2004

  3. HIKER4LIFE

    Bowzer Guest

    If you want Velvia quality, shoot film. Digital can't match it.

    PS--not looking to start yet another film vs scanned film vs digital thread.
    I won't convince you and you won't convince me. ;-)

    Bowzer, Apr 27, 2004