Telecoms faster-cheaper plans.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Jedmeister, May 22, 2006.

  1. Jedmeister

    Jedmeister Guest

    2 weeks ago, I phone telecom asking why my speed had not increased from
    2mb to 3.5mb (which was supposed to occur in april).

    The telecom woman checked, and said that I had already been upgraded to
    the new plans. She said to reboot the modem, which didn't work. Then,
    she did a line test and said the line looked ok.

    Then, she told me to test the modem in another port, test without the
    adsl filters. If it is still not fast, then I would need to pay $80
    for a telecom technician to do some work.

    I did all these tests (it took some time hauling the equipment around
    the house), but none of it increased my line speed.

    So, today I ring back to ask for the $80.00 telecom technician... the
    csr checks my plan, and, apparently , i have not been upgraded
    yet.....Arrrgghhhh!!! then wtf did the first csr put me through all
    these hassles? Telecom just suck!!!

    Anyway, the csr i spoke with today, put in a manual order, and , thinks
    i should be on the new speed by tomorrow morning.

    I have a sneaking suspicion, that, if I had not phoned up, I would
    never have been moved to the new high speed plan.

    Damn telecom!!!

    Jedmeister, May 22, 2006

  2. Jedmeister

    shannon Guest

    Jedmeister wrote:
    > 2 weeks ago, I phone telecom asking why my speed had not increased from
    > 2mb to 3.5mb (which was supposed to occur in april).
    >
    > The telecom woman checked, and said that I had already been upgraded to
    > the new plans. She said to reboot the modem, which didn't work. Then,
    > she did a line test and said the line looked ok.
    >
    > Then, she told me to test the modem in another port, test without the
    > adsl filters. If it is still not fast, then I would need to pay $80
    > for a telecom technician to do some work.
    >
    > I did all these tests (it took some time hauling the equipment around
    > the house), but none of it increased my line speed.
    >
    > So, today I ring back to ask for the $80.00 telecom technician... the
    > csr checks my plan, and, apparently , i have not been upgraded
    > yet.....Arrrgghhhh!!! then wtf did the first csr put me through all
    > these hassles? Telecom just suck!!!
    >
    > Anyway, the csr i spoke with today, put in a manual order, and , thinks
    > i should be on the new speed by tomorrow morning.
    >
    > I have a sneaking suspicion, that, if I had not phoned up, I would
    > never have been moved to the new high speed plan.
    >
    > Damn telecom!!!

    Its all in the last line here

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg

    shannon, May 22, 2006

  3. Jedmeister

    Seagull Guest

    "Jedmeister" <> wrote in message
    >2 weeks ago, I phone telecom asking why my speed had not increased from
    > 2mb to 3.5mb (which was supposed to occur in april).
    >
    > The telecom woman checked, and said that I had already been upgraded to
    > the new plans. She said to reboot the modem, which didn't work. Then,
    > she did a line test and said the line looked ok.
    >
    > Then, she told me to test the modem in another port, test without the
    > adsl filters. If it is still not fast, then I would need to pay $80
    > for a telecom technician to do some work.
    >
    > I did all these tests (it took some time hauling the equipment around
    > the house), but none of it increased my line speed.
    >
    > So, today I ring back to ask for the $80.00 telecom technician... the
    > csr checks my plan, and, apparently , i have not been upgraded
    > yet.....Arrrgghhhh!!! then wtf did the first csr put me through all
    > these hassles? Telecom just suck!!!
    >
    > Anyway, the csr i spoke with today, put in a manual order, and , thinks
    > i should be on the new speed by tomorrow morning.
    >
    > I have a sneaking suspicion, that, if I had not phoned up, I would
    > never have been moved to the new high speed plan.
    >
    > Damn telecom!!!

    Did you check what your upload speed will be on the new plan?

    And take a look at:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg
    You might feel a bit better.
    --
    Seagull

    Seagull, May 22, 2006
  4. Jedmeister

    Jedmeister Guest

    HILARIOUS!!!

    Jedmeister, May 22, 2006
  5. Jedmeister

    GraB Guest

    On Mon, 22 May 2006 11:55:34 +1200, shannon <> wrote:

    >Jedmeister wrote:
    >> 2 weeks ago, I phone telecom asking why my speed had not increased from
    >> 2mb to 3.5mb (which was supposed to occur in april).
    >>
    >> The telecom woman checked, and said that I had already been upgraded to
    >> the new plans. She said to reboot the modem, which didn't work. Then,
    >> she did a line test and said the line looked ok.
    >>
    >> Then, she told me to test the modem in another port, test without the
    >> adsl filters. If it is still not fast, then I would need to pay $80
    >> for a telecom technician to do some work.
    >>
    >> I did all these tests (it took some time hauling the equipment around
    >> the house), but none of it increased my line speed.
    >>
    >> So, today I ring back to ask for the $80.00 telecom technician... the
    >> csr checks my plan, and, apparently , i have not been upgraded
    >> yet.....Arrrgghhhh!!! then wtf did the first csr put me through all
    >> these hassles? Telecom just suck!!!
    >>
    >> Anyway, the csr i spoke with today, put in a manual order, and , thinks
    >> i should be on the new speed by tomorrow morning.
    >>
    >> I have a sneaking suspicion, that, if I had not phoned up, I would
    >> never have been moved to the new high speed plan.
    >>
    >> Damn telecom!!!
    >>

    >Its all in the last line here
    >
    >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg

    Very Good. But normally I can save a SWF file and can play it later
    but I can't with this one. There is a 13Kb swf file and a 3,343Kb FLV
    file which I asume is part of it, but neither the browser nor
    SWFOpener will play it.

    GraB, May 22, 2006
  6. Jedmeister

    shannon Guest

    GraB wrote:
    > On Mon, 22 May 2006 11:55:34 +1200, shannon <> wrote:
    >
    >> Jedmeister wrote:
    >>> 2 weeks ago, I phone telecom asking why my speed had not increased from
    >>> 2mb to 3.5mb (which was supposed to occur in april).
    >>>
    >>> The telecom woman checked, and said that I had already been upgraded to
    >>> the new plans. She said to reboot the modem, which didn't work. Then,
    >>> she did a line test and said the line looked ok.
    >>>
    >>> Then, she told me to test the modem in another port, test without the
    >>> adsl filters. If it is still not fast, then I would need to pay $80
    >>> for a telecom technician to do some work.
    >>>
    >>> I did all these tests (it took some time hauling the equipment around
    >>> the house), but none of it increased my line speed.
    >>>
    >>> So, today I ring back to ask for the $80.00 telecom technician... the
    >>> csr checks my plan, and, apparently , i have not been upgraded
    >>> yet.....Arrrgghhhh!!! then wtf did the first csr put me through all
    >>> these hassles? Telecom just suck!!!
    >>>
    >>> Anyway, the csr i spoke with today, put in a manual order, and , thinks
    >>> i should be on the new speed by tomorrow morning.
    >>>
    >>> I have a sneaking suspicion, that, if I had not phoned up, I would
    >>> never have been moved to the new high speed plan.
    >>>
    >>> Damn telecom!!!
    >>>

    >> Its all in the last line here
    >>
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg

    > Very Good. But normally I can save a SWF file and can play it later
    > but I can't with this one. There is a 13Kb swf file and a 3,343Kb FLV
    > file which I asume is part of it, but neither the browser nor
    > SWFOpener will play it.

    For me It Just Works :)

    shannon, May 22, 2006
  7. On a pleasant day while strolling in nz.comp, a person by the name of
    Jedmeister exclaimed:
    > So, today I ring back to ask for the $80.00 telecom technician... the
    > csr checks my plan, and, apparently , i have not been upgraded
    > yet.....Arrrgghhhh!!! then wtf did the first csr put me through all
    > these hassles? Telecom just suck!!!

    Exactly the same thing happened to us. Weeks after it was supposed to
    happen, I contacted their help desk, and they claimed that we had been
    "sidegraded" to a plan with the same speed.

    Despite an earlier email saying we would be upgraded to the new high
    speed plan.

    I'm quite curious to see what we were charged for ...

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

    Aaron Lawrence, May 22, 2006
  8. Jedmeister

    Jedmeister Guest

    Well, I am on the new plan now (at least it says so in their billing
    system), but my actual speed hasn't increased yet :(

    Ah, maybe if I reset my modem :)

    Jedmeister, May 22, 2006
  9. Jedmeister

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    GraB wrote:
    >> Its all in the last line here
    >>
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHcomOrxAg

    > Very Good. But normally I can save a SWF file and can play it later
    > but I can't with this one. There is a 13Kb swf file and a 3,343Kb FLV
    > file which I asume is part of it, but neither the browser nor
    > SWFOpener will play it.

    VLC will play it

    Nik Coughlin, May 23, 2006