Telecom

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by steve, Feb 1, 2005.

  1. steve

    steve Guest

    I know I bag Telecom fairly often for their anti-competitive behaviour
    and the impact that has on customers like us.

    Having said all that, I also understand very well that the only thing
    worse than Telecom would be.......Telstra.

    I had reason to contact both help desks last week for several different
    problems.

    Telecom? I usually got through in 1 minute or less....and the issue was
    resolved on the phone,

    Telstra?

    It takes no less than 15 minutes to reach a human being....and often
    longer. Yes....TelstraClear customers NEED speaker phones if they are to
    avoid 'phone ear". Once you get through, you find you are bounced
    through to another department.....and another 15 minutes wait. That
    other department will then tell you need to send and e-mail,.....in
    order to generate a "problem number".

    I sent the e-mail....and the response, with problem number, arrived two
    DAYS later. I then called again (long wait)....and after describing the
    problem was dropped by the Telstra person...and had to call
    back...(another long wait).....was THEN told that the person at the
    other end did not have access to the problem system and could I state
    the requirement over the phone,

    So...it took 5 DAYS to get play this Kafka-esque game of call to e-mail
    to call (if they don't hang up on you).........and in the end they
    simply did it on the phone as they COULD HAVE DONE the FIRST time I
    called!!!

    I called Telecom and said many nice things to the '123' person.

    Rght now - today - Telecom is a excellent telco compared to Telstra(Clear).

    steve, Feb 1, 2005

  2. steve

    Hank Guest

    Yep sad but true. I've had nothing but frustration when having to
    contact Telstra for any issues with my services. And to make matters
    worse, you sometimes wait for 15 minutes before Telstra answers and
    then are told to contact Paradise helpdesk. If that happens you might
    as well forget about logging a fault, since the Paradise Helpdesk seems
    to be manned by a single person who's always taking a break. If often
    waited for 30 minutes or more before either being cut off or giving up
    in frustration. Telstra and Paradise helpdesk have to be the worst i've
    ever had the misfortune to have dealings with, and thats including IBM
    support.

    Hank, Feb 1, 2005

  3. steve

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    >I know I bag Telecom fairly often for their anti-competitive behaviour and
    >the impact that has on customers like us.
    >
    > Having said all that, I also understand very well that the only thing
    > worse than Telecom would be.......Telstra.
    >
    > I had reason to contact both help desks last week for several different
    > problems.
    >
    > Telecom? I usually got through in 1 minute or less....and the issue was
    > resolved on the phone,

    You're a fucking liar. And when you would've finally got through, all you'd
    be told is a number of fucking buttons to choose from.
    "Press zero to hear this message again".

    Bit early to be that drunk to be claiming to talk to a person at Telecom in
    less than a minute.
    You must've dialed 111 instead.
    LOL

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Feb 1, 2005
  4. E. Scrooge wrote:
    >>Telecom? I usually got through in 1 minute or less....and the issue was
    >>resolved on the phone,

    > You're a fucking liar. And when you would've finally got through, all you'd
    > be told is a number of fucking buttons to choose from.
    > "Press zero to hear this message again".

    thats a bit harsh... I don't necessarily agree with what he said, but I
    have had similar experience, usually within 5 mins though.

    > You must've dialed 111 instead.

    <badtaste>now we all know that they would simply send you a taxi and not
    even get that right</badtaste>

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 1, 2005
  5. steve

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    > E. Scrooge wrote:
    >>>Telecom? I usually got through in 1 minute or less....and the issue was
    >>>resolved on the phone,

    >> You're a fucking liar. And when you would've finally got through, all
    >> you'd be told is a number of fucking buttons to choose from.
    >> "Press zero to hear this message again".

    > thats a bit harsh... I don't necessarily agree with what he said, but I
    > have had similar experience, usually within 5 mins though.

    I agree. I rarely have to wait more than 1-2 minutes before speaking to a
    Telecom human (telecom human? that just doesn't sound right, lol). But then
    again, Im on a business plan, so I expect a better level of service. Of
    course, Telecom should be giving everyone the same level of service -
    regardless of what plan they are on.

    Ryan Jacobs, Feb 1, 2005
  6. steve

    Enkidu Guest

    steve wrote:
    > I know I bag Telecom fairly often for their anti-competitive behaviour
    > and the impact that has on customers like us.
    >
    > Having said all that, I also understand very well that the only thing
    > worse than Telecom would be.......Telstra.

    Don't worry, when Telstra take over Telecom, they will be
    the same thing.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Feb 1, 2005
  7. In <4eDLd.13621$> Ryan Jacobs wrote:

    > "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message

    >> thats a bit harsh... I don't necessarily agree with what he said, but
    >> I have had similar experience, usually within 5 mins though.

    > I agree. I rarely have to wait more than 1-2 minutes before speaking
    > to a Telecom human (telecom human? that just doesn't sound right, lol).
    > But then again, Im on a business plan, so I expect a better level of
    > service. Of course, Telecom should be giving everyone the same level
    > of service - regardless of what plan they are on.

    I spend less than $20 per month on my Telecom phone and I can always
    talk to a real person within less than a couple of minutes. The company
    that I work for, on the other hand, spends thousands of dollars per
    month with TelstraClear and still gets the same crappy TelstraClear
    treatment.

    --
    Regards, Alastair.
    Wellington, New Zealand

    Any views expressed in this posting are personal and its content remains
    the property of Alastair. Alastair accepts no responsibility for any
    misinformation resulting from this posting.

    Alastair McAllister, Feb 1, 2005
  8. steve

    A.D. Guest

    Alastair McAllister wrote:
    > In <4eDLd.13621$> Ryan Jacobs wrote:
    >

    >>"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message

    >>>thats a bit harsh... I don't necessarily agree with what he said, but
    >>>I have had similar experience, usually within 5 mins though.

    >>I agree. I rarely have to wait more than 1-2 minutes before speaking
    >>to a Telecom human (telecom human? that just doesn't sound right, lol).
    >>But then again, Im on a business plan, so I expect a better level of
    >>service. Of course, Telecom should be giving everyone the same level
    >>of service - regardless of what plan they are on.

    > I spend less than $20 per month on my Telecom phone and I can always
    > talk to a real person within less than a couple of minutes. The company
    > that I work for, on the other hand, spends thousands of dollars per
    > month with TelstraClear and still gets the same crappy TelstraClear
    > treatment.

    Does your company not have a dedicated account manager?

    If so, make a complaint and ask for a new one.

    A.D.

    A.D., Feb 1, 2005
  9. In <41ff54bb$> A.D. wrote:

    > Alastair McAllister wrote:

    >> I spend less than $20 per month on my Telecom phone and I can always
    >> talk to a real person within less than a couple of minutes. The
    >> company that I work for, on the other hand, spends thousands of
    >> dollars per month with TelstraClear and still gets the same crappy
    >> TelstraClear treatment.

    > Does your company not have a dedicated account manager?
    > If so, make a complaint and ask for a new one.

    I think we've just been assigned a new one, so hopefully that will make
    a difference. I wouldn't bet money on it, though.

    Alastair McAllister, Feb 1, 2005
  10. steve

    AD. Guest

    On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:06:34 +1300, A.D. wrote:

    > Alastair McAllister wrote:
    >> I spend less than $20 per month on my Telecom phone and I can always
    >> talk to a real person within less than a couple of minutes. The company
    >> that I work for, on the other hand, spends thousands of dollars per
    >> month with TelstraClear and still gets the same crappy TelstraClear
    >> treatment.

    > Does your company not have a dedicated account manager?
    >
    > If so, make a complaint and ask for a new one.
    >
    > A.D.

    We used to have one, then he got laid off, then we were told we weren't
    big enough to have one any more.

    A year or two later, after ringing up to make some changes we were told
    "hang on, I'll put you through to your account manager so and so...". They
    hadn't even realised he didn't work there any more.

    There were fairly constant billing screw ups, and they would each involve
    a lot of time on many phone calls to resolve. We had also put a lot of
    clients on to using them for webserving etc (mostly before all the mergers
    though when we were still Netlink etc customers). Getting anything done
    was a major hassle.

    Needless to say, we moved our business and our clients elsewhere.

    Telstra sucks, and it pains me to realise that Telecom is actually better
    (not good mind you - just better).

    --
    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Feb 1, 2005
  11. steve

    Nik Coughin Guest

    steve wrote:
    > I know I bag Telecom fairly often for their anti-competitive behaviour
    > and the impact that has on customers like us.
    >
    > Having said all that, I also understand very well that the only thing
    > worse than Telecom would be.......Telstra.
    >
    > I had reason to contact both help desks last week for several
    > different problems.

    I hate TelstraClear with a vengeance. First you have to navigate a series
    of automated menus, which once you get a couple of levels deep fail to offer
    you any options that you actually want, then you after 15-20 minutes of
    being on hold you get to deal with someone who doesn't know what you're
    talking about and additionally can't find your company on their computer,
    who then asks you (as you patiently sit on the phone holding the last bill
    from TelstraClear) if you're sure that you are even with them... and finding
    information or changing settings using their website is a little like
    archaeology, ie a lot of digging and sifting.

    Nik Coughin, Feb 1, 2005
  12. steve

    steve Guest

    *sling wrote:

    > "steve" <> wrote in message
    >>I know I bag Telecom fairly often for their anti-competitive behaviour and
    >>the impact that has on customers like us.
    >>
    >> Having said all that, I also understand very well that the only thing
    >> worse than Telecom would be.......Telstra.
    >>
    >> I had reason to contact both help desks last week for several different
    >> problems.
    >>
    >> Telecom? I usually got through in 1 minute or less....and the issue was
    >> resolved on the phone,

    > You're a fucking liar.

    I know I'm not...and I'm now not much interested in what think.

    You're just an asshole.....today and always.

    steve, Feb 5, 2005
  13. steve

    steve Guest

    Enkidu wrote:

    > steve wrote:
    >> I know I bag Telecom fairly often for their anti-competitive behaviour
    >> and the impact that has on customers like us.
    >>
    >> Having said all that, I also understand very well that the only thing
    >> worse than Telecom would be.......Telstra.
    >>

    > Don't worry, when Telstra take over Telecom, they will be
    > the same thing.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    Sort of like when Westpac took over TrustBank.....and turned a good bank
    into a crap one.

    Same-old, same-old.

    steve, Feb 5, 2005
  14. steve

    steve Guest

    Alastair McAllister wrote:

    > I spend less than $20 per month on my Telecom phone and I can always
    > talk to a real person within less than a couple of minutes. The company
    > that I work for, on the other hand, spends thousands of dollars per
    > month with TelstraClear and still gets the same crappy TelstraClear
    > treatment.

    Looks like I'm not a "fucking liar" after all......given the number of posts
    that more or less agree with me on relative response times.

    Having shifted houses twice in the past year.....and chopped and changed a
    range of services with both TNZ and TC.....I have been favourably impressed
    by how easy and responsive Telecom have been.

    steve, Feb 5, 2005