    stay put, tells me that he is being plagued with 'Russian emails' and
    thinks Xtra aren't dong anything to stop them. Anyone here affected
    too?

    Nighthawk, Feb 10, 2008

  2. Nighthawk

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 03:54:40 +1300, in message <>,
    Nighthawk wrote:

    > A friend of mine who is with Xtra still, for business reasons wants to
    > stay put, tells me that he is being plagued with 'Russian emails'

    I see 'Russian' spam (KOI-8 encoding) too.

    > and
    > thinks Xtra aren't dong anything to stop them.

    Xtra have outsourced their email to Yahoo!7.
    It would be Yahoo!7 who would have to do something.

    I keep training them as spam on the webmail site.
    It is now catching over half, but it doesn't learn
    as quickly with the KOI-8 stuff.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Feb 10, 2008

  3. Nighthawk

    Ron McNulty Guest

    On Feb 11, 3:54 am, Nighthawk <> wrote:
    > A friend of mine who is with Xtra still, for business reasons wants to
    > stay put, tells me that he is being plagued with 'Russian emails' and
    > thinks Xtra aren't dong anything to stop them.  Anyone here affected
    > too?

    Yes - tens every day. A right PITA as xtra's old spam filter used to
    delete the lot. I am seriously considering changing providers and
    email address.

    Welcome to Yahoo..... Still it will all be solved when Microsoft take
    them over :)

    Regards

    Ron

    Ron McNulty, Feb 13, 2008
  4. Nighthawk

    Biggles^^ Guest

    On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 00:03:58 -0800, Ron McNulty wrote:

    > Yes - tens every day. A right PITA as xtra's old spam filter used to
    > delete the lot. I am seriously considering changing providers and email
    > address.
    >
    > Welcome to Yahoo..... Still it will all be solved when Microsoft take
    > them over :)
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Ron

    I get 5 a day ...