    Or was it just that they were going to upgrade an existing customer
    after lunch, in addition to the one customer upgrade per day they've
    been able to fit in before lunch?

    -=rjh=-, Nov 8, 2004

  2. -=rjh=-

    Max Burke Guest

    > -=rjh=- wrote:
    > Anybody know what this was? It was supposed to be announced today,
    > haven't seen anything about it in the news.

    > Or was it just that they were going to upgrade an existing customer
    > after lunch, in addition to the one customer upgrade per day they've
    > been able to fit in before lunch?

    It was on TV3 news but I didn't pay much attention to it as I'm not a
    Telecom customer. :)

    Someting about new services to try and beat Telstra clear, and that new
    generation cellphones that will be able to play TV broadcast movies... At
    80c a minute it'd be a damned expensive movie to watch on a 40x40mm
    screen....

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Nov 8, 2004

  3. Telecom have Full UBS working... all they have to do is get the ISP's set up
    and then they can start moving people over. Orcon have already moved some
    people over to UBS and alot over to I-UBS already.

    Thanks
    Craig

    Craig Whitmore, Nov 8, 2004
  4. -=rjh=-

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Craig Whitmore wrote:
    > Telecom have Full UBS working... all they have to do is get the ISP's set up
    > and then they can start moving people over. Orcon have already moved some
    > people over to UBS and alot over to I-UBS already.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Craig
    >
    > "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message news:418f0933$1_5@127.0.0.1...
    >
    >>Anybody know what this was? It was supposed to be announced today, haven't
    >>seen anything about it in the news.
    >>
    >>Or was it just that they were going to upgrade an existing customer after
    >>lunch, in addition to the one customer upgrade per day they've been able
    >>to fit in before lunch?

    How long does it take to get moved over, on average ? and, does this
    announcement from Telecom have any effect on the billing cycle date issue ?

    Chris Mayhew, Nov 8, 2004
  5. -=rjh=-

    Mike NZAA Guest

    "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message news:418f0933$1_5@127.0.0.1...
    > Anybody know what this was? It was supposed to be announced today, haven't
    > seen anything about it in the news.
    >
    > Or was it just that they were going to upgrade an existing customer after
    > lunch, in addition to the one customer upgrade per day they've been able
    > to fit in before lunch?

    Here you go...

    http://www.telecom.co.nz/binarys/final_q1 05_broadband media release.pdf

    Mike
    NZAA

    Mike NZAA, Nov 8, 2004
  6. -=rjh=-

    steve Guest

    -=rjh=- wrote:

    > Anybody know what this was? It was supposed to be announced today,
    > haven't seen anything about it in the news.
    >
    > Or was it just that they were going to upgrade an existing customer
    > after lunch, in addition to the one customer upgrade per day they've
    > been able to fit in before lunch?

    My 256k Surf ADSL service appears to have been upgraded to 2mbps at some
    point over the weekend.

    Friday night i was doing 256k....and this morning i was doing 2mbps...
    (downloaded a Debian "Sarge" ISO in less than an hour).

    --
    Distributed Computing Projects:
    SETI at Home

    steve, Nov 8, 2004

  7. >
    > Here you go...
    >
    > http://www.telecom.co.nz/binarys/final_q1 05_broadband media release.pdf
    >
    > Mike
    > NZAA

    I just had a look. and SUDDENLY in the middle its talking about UPC.. Maybe
    this is to confuse the layman to confuse UBS and UPC and make out that the
    Comcom is happy about UBS..

    Craig..
    http://www.nzdsl.co.nz

    Craig Whitmore, Nov 8, 2004
  8. -=rjh=-

    Chris Hope Guest

    steve wrote:

    > -=rjh=- wrote:
    >
    >> Anybody know what this was? It was supposed to be announced today,
    >> haven't seen anything about it in the news.
    >>
    >> Or was it just that they were going to upgrade an existing customer
    >> after lunch, in addition to the one customer upgrade per day they've
    >> been able to fit in before lunch?

    > My 256k Surf ADSL service appears to have been upgraded to 2mbps at some
    > point over the weekend.
    >
    > Friday night i was doing 256k....and this morning i was doing 2mbps...
    > (downloaded a Debian "Sarge" ISO in less than an hour).

    Mine went up to 2MB for about three or four days and then went back down to
    256k again. Go figure...

    Chris Hope, Nov 8, 2004
  9. -=rjh=-

    DoggNZ Guest

    On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 20:10:41 +1300, Chris Mayhew
    <> wrote:

    >Craig Whitmore wrote:
    >> Telecom have Full UBS working... all they have to do is get the ISP's set up
    >> and then they can start moving people over. Orcon have already moved some
    >> people over to UBS and alot over to I-UBS already.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Craig
    >>
    >> "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message news:418f0933$1_5@127.0.0.1...
    >>
    >>>Anybody know what this was? It was supposed to be announced today, haven't
    >>>seen anything about it in the news.
    >>>
    >>>Or was it just that they were going to upgrade an existing customer after
    >>>lunch, in addition to the one customer upgrade per day they've been able
    >>>to fit in before lunch?
    >>>

    >How long does it take to get moved over, on average ? and, does this
    >announcement from Telecom have any effect on the billing cycle date issue ?

    Well I've been waiting 31 days now :(

    --
    BOINC SETI

    DoggNZ, Nov 9, 2004