telecom texting change again

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 19, 2004.

  1. Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 19, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    EMB Guest

    EMB, May 19, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Bruce Flyger Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/default.asp?id=39606
    >
    > now 1000 txts for $10
    >
    > but anything to Vodafone is 20c
    >
    > well done telecom, you screwed them again

    That news report hasn't given all the information. I went to the Telecom
    website and the original $10/500 limit is still there. The new plan is
    on Boost mobile, $10/1000 limit and after that 2c a txt to 025/027 and
    20c to 021.
    Bruce Flyger, May 19, 2004
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Richard Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/default.asp?id=39606
    >
    > now 1000 txts for $10
    >
    > but anything to Vodafone is 20c
    >
    > well done telecom, you screwed them again

    Guess all the people hopping over to boost for the $1/dat text plan has made
    them rethink that offer too... Sigh...
    Richard, May 19, 2004
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:46:53 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/default.asp?id=39606
    >
    > now 1000 txts for $10
    >
    > but anything to Vodafone is 20c
    >
    > well done telecom, you screwed them again

    Silly bugger! Telecom admitted that only a small % went over the 500
    texts a day so increasing the amount gains so much good will that the
    extra cost of texting is well worth it.

    Nevertheless, you can see the point of competition. Now think about this,
    what if one sides wins, and kills the other side off?
    Gordon, May 20, 2004