  1. Hmm - interesting how Telecom dont tell you when you go on prepaid if you
    exceed your credit you cant *receive* text messages.

    bizzare. . .
    Michael Payne, Aug 15, 2003

  2. Michael Payne

    mnm snr Guest

    with vodaphone VODAPHONE you can still receive messages but not read
    them, until you top up your credit, before the account deactivation
    deadline, and its pretty much like that with
    most other prepaid service providers globally.

    VODAPHONE must be a better cellular SERVICE provider

    doesnt telecom have those silly wasteful phones that dont let you remove sim
    card and change providers?

    mnm snr, Aug 15, 2003

  3. Michael Payne

    Worm Guest

    "mnm snr" <> wrote in message
    > with vodaphone VODAPHONE you can still receive messages but not read
    > them, until you top up your credit, before the account deactivation
    > deadline, and its pretty much like that with
    > most other prepaid service providers globally.

    What a load of shit! You're still able to *receive* SMS with no available
    credit, so of course you can *read* them!

    They're on your phone - how can Vodafone sneak in and stop you reading
    them!?

    Worm
    Worm, Aug 15, 2003
  4. Michael Payne

    mnm snr Guest

    yep sorry geez i got that totally wrong, cant believe i even i spelt it wrong

    Receiving a text message is free, and it costs only 20 cents to send one.

    mnm snr, Aug 16, 2003
  5. Michael Payne

    art Guest

    On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 11:18:01 +1200, mnm snr <> wrote:

    >yep sorry geez i got that totally wrong, cant believe i even i spelt it wrong
    >

    >Receiving a text message is free, and it costs only 20 cents to send one.
    >
    >On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 09:47:29 +1200, Worm wrote:
    >
    >> "mnm snr" <> wrote in message
    >>> with vodaphone VODAPHONE you can still receive messages but not read
    >>> them, until you top up your credit, before the account deactivation
    >>> deadline, and its pretty much like that with most other prepaid service
    >>> providers globally.

    >> What a load of shit! You're still able to *receive* SMS with no available
    >> credit, so of course you can *read* them!
    >>
    >> They're on your phone - how can Vodafone sneak in and stop you reading
    >> them!?
    >>
    >> Worm

    If Voda wasn't around, I am sure that Telecom would be charging for
    both recieving and sending, and it would proably cost $1 for each.
    art, Aug 16, 2003