Telecom strike again

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dogg, Aug 3, 2004.

  1. Dogg

    Dogg Guest

    Dogg, Aug 3, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Dogg

    JedMeister Guest

    JedMeister, Aug 3, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Dogg

    Rider Guest

    "JedMeister" <> wrote in message
    news:NnDPc.8388$...
    > Their excuse is that people are too stupid to log in to the domain

    correctly
    > using jetstreamgames instead of xtra.
    >


    Not surprising, the majority are teenagers .... nuff said.
    Rider, Aug 3, 2004
    #3
  4. JedMeister wrote:
    > Their excuse is that people are too stupid to log in to the domain correctly
    > using jetstreamgames instead of xtra.


    The average user yes, the average JSgames realm user, nah.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 3, 2004
    #4
  5. Dogg

    Chris Guest

    Dogg <> wrote in
    news::

    > Losing the Jetstream games realm. Groan.
    >
    > http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3581795&thesection=b
    > usiness&thesubsection=telecommunications&thesecondsubsection=general


    That article is another example of the half-arsed market research Telecom
    promotes as being FACT..

    <rant>
    They have an expensive service aka the home 256 jetstream (256 bith ways)
    and a cheaper aka jetsurf and then turn round and say (in another herald
    article) that people like the Jetsurf account AND they don't upload as
    much as they down load. Give me proper broadband and I'll upload more,
    fool !

    I just can't believe how these stupid people get through the day in one
    piece.
    </rant>

    O, I feel so much better now :)
    Chris, Aug 3, 2004
    #5
  6. Dogg

    JedMeister Guest

    Exactly, so Telecom are just making excuses.

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote in message
    news:...
    > JedMeister wrote:
    > > Their excuse is that people are too stupid to log in to the domain

    correctly
    > > using jetstreamgames instead of xtra.

    >
    > The average user yes, the average JSgames realm user, nah.
    >
    > --
    > Dave Hall
    > http://www.dave.net.nz
    JedMeister, Aug 3, 2004
    #6
  7. JedMeister wrote:
    >>>Their excuse is that people are too stupid to log in to the domain
    >>> correctly
    >>>using jetstreamgames instead of xtra.


    >>The average user yes, the average JSgames realm user, nah.


    > Exactly, so Telecom are just making excuses.


    ummm ok then, if thats what you want to draw from what I wrote, sure,
    believe what you like.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 3, 2004
    #7
  8. In article <>,
    Dogg <> wrote:

    >Losing the Jetstream games realm. Groan.


    Goodbye to free Linux distro downloads... :(
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 8, 2004
    #8
  9. In article <NnDPc.8388$>,
    "JedMeister" <> wrote:

    >Their excuse is that people are too stupid to log in to the domain correctly
    >using jetstreamgames instead of xtra.


    They didn't say "stupid", they said "awkward". Like losing all your
    Internet connections (e.g. SSH sessions) when you disconnect and
    reconnect. And having all the machines on your LAN forced to switch to
    the JetStream Games realm when you only need one of them.
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Aug 8, 2004
    #9
  10. On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 21:37:25 +1200, Lawrence D¹Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote:

    >In article <NnDPc.8388$>,
    > "JedMeister" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Their excuse is that people are too stupid to log in to the domain correctly
    >>using jetstreamgames instead of xtra.

    >
    >They didn't say "stupid", they said "awkward". Like losing all your
    >Internet connections (e.g. SSH sessions) when you disconnect and
    >reconnect. And having all the machines on your LAN forced to switch to
    >the JetStream Games realm when you only need one of them.


    Well, Telecom are responsible for making it that awkward in the first
    place. They only allow you to run one virtual circuit at a time over
    their ADSL connections. If you could keep up your normal virtual
    circuit for your ISP/Internet connection and add a second one to
    Jetstreamgames with routing for just that IP address, then everything
    would work well. But Telecom do not allow that.
    Stephen Worthington, Aug 9, 2004
    #10
  11. Stephen Worthington wrote:
    > Well, Telecom are responsible for making it that awkward in the first
    > place. They only allow you to run one virtual circuit at a time over
    > their ADSL connections. If you could keep up your normal virtual
    > circuit for your ISP/Internet connection and add a second one to
    > Jetstreamgames with routing for just that IP address, then everything
    > would work well. But Telecom do not allow that.


    that would make it too easy... anyway, it's not easily possible with
    bitstream access anyway.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 9, 2004
    #11
  12. Dogg

    Matt Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote in message news:<>...
    > In article <>,
    > Dogg <> wrote:
    >
    > >Losing the Jetstream games realm. Groan.

    >
    > Goodbye to free Linux distro downloads... :(


    And the lightning fast Debian updates.

    All those people complaining about how difficult it is to use the
    Jetstream gaming realm aren't using it how I am using it.

    I've got a cron script that logs in, via telnet, to my router (just a
    cheapie Dynalink), switches to the JS realm, grabs all the updates,
    and switches back - all at 3 or 4 in the morning a couple of nights a
    week.

    Losing this feature will make me drop my Jetstream connection, and
    move to a wireless-only solution from Ihug. Stupid, stupid Telecom.

    Does anyone know an email address or person we should be complaining
    about this to?

    Cheers
    Matt
    Matt, Aug 12, 2004
    #12
  13. Matt wrote:
    > Losing this feature will make me drop my Jetstream connection, and
    > move to a wireless-only solution from Ihug. Stupid, stupid Telecom.


    They gave ISPs wholesale, its what "we" wanted.

    > Does anyone know an email address or person we should be complaining
    > about this to?


    sure, send to you@127.0.0.1

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 12, 2004
    #13
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. anonymous

    Empire Strike Again

    anonymous, Nov 19, 2003, in forum: MCSE
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    941
    Consultant
    Nov 21, 2003
  2. unholy

    Mycoplasma Pneumonia strike again

    unholy, Apr 22, 2006, in forum: The Lounge
    Replies:
    34
    Views:
    5,479
    The Modfather
    May 6, 2006
  3. Knowing About
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    617
    Knowing About
    Oct 13, 2006
  4. richard
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    538
    richard
    May 8, 2008
  5. richard

    mythbusting dorks strike again with wild wisdom!

    richard, Nov 26, 2009, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    21
    Views:
    706
    Mike Yetto
    Nov 27, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page