    earphone for just over $12.00. Pity they didn't have a USB connector.

    Any ideas where I can get a Nokia USB connector more cheaply than
    Telecom?
    Donchano, Mar 24, 2007

  2. Donchano

    Baloo Guest

    Donchano wrote:
    > Got a new Nokia and went into the Telecom shop in town to get a few
    > accessories.
    >
    > Turned out the old charger from my car would work with the new phone,
    > but they wanted over one hundred dollars for a USB connector and
    > $69.95 for an earphone.
    >
    > Happened to be in a Warehouse two days ago and picked up the same
    > earphone for just over $12.00. Pity they didn't have a USB connector.
    >
    > Any ideas where I can get a Nokia USB connector more cheaply than
    > Telecom?

    On my (work) phone, it uses the same USB socket as a standard camera...
    and a standard camera lead works :) ymmv
    Baloo, Mar 24, 2007

  3. Donchano

    Mathew Good Guest

    On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 13:05:50 +1200, Donchano <> wrote:

    >Got a new Nokia and went into the Telecom shop in town to get a few
    >accessories.
    >
    >Turned out the old charger from my car would work with the new phone,
    >but they wanted over one hundred dollars for a USB connector and
    >$69.95 for an earphone.
    >
    >Happened to be in a Warehouse two days ago and picked up the same
    >earphone for just over $12.00. Pity they didn't have a USB connector.
    >
    >Any ideas where I can get a Nokia USB connector more cheaply than
    >Telecom?

    Yes Trademe..

    What you should do is to do a deal with the retailer when you buy the phone..
    Mathew Good, Mar 24, 2007
  4. Donchano

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Donchano wrote:
    > Got a new Nokia and went into the Telecom shop in town to get a few
    > accessories.
    >
    > Turned out the old charger from my car would work with the new phone,
    > but they wanted over one hundred dollars for a USB connector and
    > $69.95 for an earphone.
    >
    > Happened to be in a Warehouse two days ago and picked up the same
    > earphone for just over $12.00. Pity they didn't have a USB connector.
    >
    > Any ideas where I can get a Nokia USB connector more cheaply than
    > Telecom?

    Cellphoneshop.net - I've used them a couple of times with no problems,
    good for some PDA accessories, batteries etc too. Fast service.

    HTH
    -=rjh=-, Mar 24, 2007
  5. Donchano

    Tony Guest

    Donchano wrote:
    > Got a new Nokia and went into the Telecom shop in town to get a few
    > accessories.
    >
    > Turned out the old charger from my car would work with the new phone,
    > but they wanted over one hundred dollars for a USB connector and
    > $69.95 for an earphone.
    >
    > Happened to be in a Warehouse two days ago and picked up the same
    > earphone for just over $12.00. Pity they didn't have a USB connector.
    >
    > Any ideas where I can get a Nokia USB connector more cheaply than
    > Telecom?

    I got a Samsung mobile for the wife a couple of weeks ago, it's
    advertised as an MP3 player and comes with a USB cable. The usb cable
    does not work, there are no drivers for it (Telecom has bought the
    Sprint version with all the functionality disabled) and the bluetooth
    achieves nothing. The only way to play MP3's on it is to remove the card
    from the phone and put it into a card reader on your PC. I intend to lay
    a complaint to the Advertising Standards authority as they are
    blatantly selling something that just does not do what they are
    advertising it as. I maen WTF do the include a USB cable and Bluetooth
    capability when you can't use them for anything ? barstards.
    Tony, Mar 24, 2007
  6. Donchano

    Rob Guest

    "Tony" <> wrote in message
    > Donchano wrote:
    >> Got a new Nokia and went into the Telecom shop in town to get a few
    >> accessories.
    >>
    >> Turned out the old charger from my car would work with the new phone,
    >> but they wanted over one hundred dollars for a USB connector and
    >> $69.95 for an earphone. Happened to be in a Warehouse two days ago and
    >> picked up the same
    >> earphone for just over $12.00. Pity they didn't have a USB connector.
    >>
    >> Any ideas where I can get a Nokia USB connector more cheaply than
    >> Telecom?
    >>

    > I got a Samsung mobile for the wife a couple of weeks ago, it's advertised
    > as an MP3 player and comes with a USB cable. The usb cable does not work,
    > there are no drivers for it (Telecom has bought the Sprint version with
    > all the functionality disabled) and the bluetooth achieves nothing. The
    > only way to play MP3's on it is to remove the card from the phone and put
    > it into a card reader on your PC. I intend to lay a complaint to the
    > Advertising Standards authority as they are blatantly selling something
    > that just does not do what they are advertising it as. I maen WTF do the
    > include a USB cable and Bluetooth capability when you can't use them for
    > anything ? barstards.

    You can return it to the shop for a full refund under the CGA. I have done
    this before when something didn't work to how it was advertised.
    Rob, Mar 25, 2007
  7. Donchano

    Rob Guest

    "Donchano" <> wrote in message
    > Got a new Nokia and went into the Telecom shop in town to get a few
    > accessories.
    >
    > Turned out the old charger from my car would work with the new phone,
    > but they wanted over one hundred dollars for a USB connector and
    > $69.95 for an earphone.
    >
    > Happened to be in a Warehouse two days ago and picked up the same
    > earphone for just over $12.00. Pity they didn't have a USB connector.
    >
    > Any ideas where I can get a Nokia USB connector more cheaply than
    > Telecom?

    That is how they make their money. Trademe may be an option.
    Rob, Mar 25, 2007
  8. Donchano

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > "Tony" <> wrote in message
    >> Donchano wrote:
    >>> Got a new Nokia and went into the Telecom shop in town to get a few
    >>> accessories.
    >>>
    >>> Turned out the old charger from my car would work with the new phone,
    >>> but they wanted over one hundred dollars for a USB connector and
    >>> $69.95 for an earphone. Happened to be in a Warehouse two days ago and
    >>> picked up the same
    >>> earphone for just over $12.00. Pity they didn't have a USB connector.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas where I can get a Nokia USB connector more cheaply than
    >>> Telecom?
    >>>

    >> I got a Samsung mobile for the wife a couple of weeks ago, it's advertised
    >> as an MP3 player and comes with a USB cable. The usb cable does not work,
    >> there are no drivers for it (Telecom has bought the Sprint version with
    >> all the functionality disabled) and the bluetooth achieves nothing. The
    >> only way to play MP3's on it is to remove the card from the phone and put
    >> it into a card reader on your PC. I intend to lay a complaint to the
    >> Advertising Standards authority as they are blatantly selling something
    >> that just does not do what they are advertising it as. I maen WTF do the
    >> include a USB cable and Bluetooth capability when you can't use them for
    >> anything ? barstards.

    > You can return it to the shop for a full refund under the CGA. I have done
    > this before when something didn't work to how it was advertised.

    Try that with telecom mobile and you will find out once the hand set has
    been turned on they will not exchange it (me thinks breach of most
    trading laws and CGA) That was a few years ago I gave up fighting a
    Door to door sale of trade in a O21 for a 027 (they said free email
    account) But that was something you had to pay for (was not worried
    about the access fees) in the end I went with Vodaphone. But least I am
    getting shafted by my free choice.

    Robert Cooze, Mar 25, 2007
  9. Donchano

    CM Guest

    On 24 Mar, 13:05, Donchano <> wrote:
    > Got a new Nokia and went into the Telecom shop in town to get a few
    > accessories.
    >
    > Turned out the old charger from my car would work with the new phone,
    > but they wanted over one hundred dollars for a USB connector and
    > $69.95 for an earphone.
    >
    > Happened to be in a Warehouse two days ago and picked up the same
    > earphone for just over $12.00. Pity they didn't have a USB connector.
    >
    > Any ideas where I can get a Nokia USB connector more cheaply than
    > Telecom?

    Get over it you looser.
    CM, Mar 26, 2007
  10. Donchano

    Guest

    On , , 26 Mar 2007 06:19:15 -0700, Re: Telecom Mobile customers
    are being shafted, "CM" <> wrote:

    >On 24 Mar, 13:05, Donchano <> wrote:
    >> Got a new Nokia and went into the Telecom shop in town to get a few
    >> accessories.
    >>
    >> Turned out the old charger from my car would work with the new phone,
    >> but they wanted over one hundred dollars for a USB connector and
    >> $69.95 for an earphone.
    >>
    >> Happened to be in a Warehouse two days ago and picked up the same
    >> earphone for just over $12.00. Pity they didn't have a USB connector.
    >>
    >> Any ideas where I can get a Nokia USB connector more cheaply than
    >> Telecom?

    >Get over it you looser.

    "Looser" than what?
    I presume you mean loser.
    , Mar 27, 2007
  11. Donchano

    Bruce Knox Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Got a new Nokia and went into the Telecom shop in town to get a few
    >accessories.
    >
    >Turned out the old charger from my car would work with the new phone,
    >but they wanted over one hundred dollars for a USB connector and
    >$69.95 for an earphone.
    >
    >Happened to be in a Warehouse two days ago and picked up the same
    >earphone for just over $12.00. Pity they didn't have a USB connector.
    >
    >Any ideas where I can get a Nokia USB connector more cheaply than
    >Telecom?

    Had the same problem and they spun the story that some "cheap" cables
    do not work.

    Solved it by buying a usb bluetooth dongle for less than $50.

    Bruce.

    Bruce http://www.baggins.co.nz
    http://physio.otago.ac.nz
    Bruce Knox, Mar 27, 2007
  12. Donchano

    Donchano Guest

    On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 17:57:07 +1200,
    magnanimously proffered:

    >On , , 26 Mar 2007 06:19:15 -0700, Re: Telecom Mobile customers
    >are being shafted, "CM" <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 24 Mar, 13:05, Donchano <> wrote:
    >>> Got a new Nokia and went into the Telecom shop in town to get a few
    >>> accessories.
    >>>
    >>> Turned out the old charger from my car would work with the new phone,
    >>> but they wanted over one hundred dollars for a USB connector and
    >>> $69.95 for an earphone.
    >>>
    >>> Happened to be in a Warehouse two days ago and picked up the same
    >>> earphone for just over $12.00. Pity they didn't have a USB connector.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas where I can get a Nokia USB connector more cheaply than
    >>> Telecom?

    >>Get over it you looser.

    >"Looser" than what?
    >I presume you mean loser.

    Looks like the school holidays started early for CM. A pity the troll
    never learned how to spell.

    ..
    Donchano, Mar 27, 2007
  13. Donchano

    CM Guest

    On Mar 27, 7:13 pm, Donchano <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 17:57:07 +1200,
    > magnanimously proffered:
    >

    > >On , , 26 Mar 2007 06:19:15 -0700, Re: Telecom Mobile customers
    > >are being shafted, "CM" <> wrote:

    > >>Get over it you looser.

    > >"Looser" than what?
    > >I presume you mean loser.

    > Looks like the school holidays started early for CM. A pity the troll
    > never learned how to spell.

    For the record spelling was never one of my skills (even more so
    typing). And my comment is fully justified because all customer ever
    do in a retail environment is WHINGE!!! :p
    CM, Mar 28, 2007
  14. Donchano

    Donchano Guest

    On 28 Mar 2007 03:50:40 -0700, "CM" <> magnanimously
    proffered:

    >On Mar 27, 7:13 pm, Donchano <> wrote:
    >> On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 17:57:07 +1200,
    >> magnanimously proffered:

    >> >"Looser" than what?
    >> >I presume you mean loser.

    >> Looks like the school holidays started early for CM. A pity the troll
    >> never learned how to spell.

    >For the record spelling was never one of my skills (even more so
    >typing). And my comment is fully justified because all customer ever
    >do in a retail environment is WHINGE!!! :p

    Since all *you* do is whinge about those you perceive to be whingers,
    you should appreciate a good whinge. What's sauce for the goose is
    sauce for the gander.
    Donchano, Mar 28, 2007