Telecom Gets Unbundling Tick

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by joe_90, Oct 9, 2004.

  1. joe_90

    joe_90 Guest

    joe_90, Oct 9, 2004

  2. joe_90

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    "joe_90" <joe_90@invalid_address.com> wrote in message
    news:w%I9d.7201$...
    > Just when you start to think there may be hope ......
    >
    > "The Commerce Commission is satisfied the company is offering cost-price
    > circuit access to competitors wanting to provide data service."
    >
    > http://xtramsn.co.nz/business/0,,5007-3762365,00.html

    You seem surprised?!

    Let me advise you of Telescums family tree.......

    Commerce Commission = Government Department
    Government Department = The Government
    The Government = A major political party
    A major political party = Labour or National
    Labour AND National = grateful receiver of corporate donations
    Grateful donor of corporate donations = Telecom
    Telecom = the "big finger" to the Commerce Commision

    There is no hope............
    Ryan Jacobs, Oct 9, 2004

  3. joe_90

    joe_90 Guest

    Ryan Jacobs wrote:
    > You seem surprised?!

    Surprised - no; disappointed - yes.

    > Let me advise you of Telescums family tree.......
    >
    > Commerce Commission = Government Department
    > Government Department = The Government
    > The Government = A major political party
    > A major political party = Labour or National
    > Labour AND National = grateful receiver of corporate donations
    > Grateful donor of corporate donations = Telecom
    > Telecom = the "big finger" to the Commerce Commision

    you forgot -

    Telecom, the biggest stock in New Zealand.
    joe_90, Oct 9, 2004
  4. In article <V6J9d.11384$>, "Ryan Jacobs" <> wrote:

    >"joe_90" <joe_90@invalid_address.com> wrote in message

    *SNIP*
    >Commerce Commission = Government Department
    >Government Department = The Government
    >The Government = A major political party
    >A major political party = Labour or National
    >Labour AND National = grateful receiver of corporate donations
    >Grateful donor of corporate donations = Telecom
    >Telecom = the "big finger" to the Commerce Commision
    >
    >There is no hope............

    And that's why there's still an out-standing court case against the Evil
    Empire. One that's being run by... The Commerce Commission!

    Get a grip, Ryan. It's not as black-and-white as you'd like to have
    people believe.

    --
    Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
    "Veni, vidi, velcro...

    My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet
    Matthew Poole, Oct 9, 2004
  5. joe_90

    theseus Guest

    > Ryan Jacobs wrote:
    >> You seem surprised?!

    > Surprised - no; disappointed - yes.
    >

    >> Let me advise you of Telescums family tree.......
    >>
    >> Commerce Commission = Government Department
    >> Government Department = The Government
    >> The Government = A major political party
    >> A major political party = Labour or National
    >> Labour AND National = grateful receiver of corporate donations
    >> Grateful donor of corporate donations = Telecom
    >> Telecom = the "big finger" to the Commerce Commision

    > you forgot -
    >
    > Telecom, the biggest stock in New Zealand.

    Heh
    I saw Theresa Gattung at a charity dinner yesterday, you should see the size
    of her !!
    She was getting loud and drunk with Rod Donald and Marian Hobbs :-(
    theseus, Oct 9, 2004
  6. joe_90

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    "Matthew Poole" <> wrote in message
    > In article <V6J9d.11384$>, "Ryan Jacobs"
    > <> wrote:
    >>
    >>"joe_90" <joe_90@invalid_address.com> wrote in message

    > *SNIP*
    >>Commerce Commission = Government Department
    >>Government Department = The Government
    >>The Government = A major political party
    >>A major political party = Labour or National
    >>Labour AND National = grateful receiver of corporate donations
    >>Grateful donor of corporate donations = Telecom
    >>Telecom = the "big finger" to the Commerce Commision
    >>
    >>There is no hope............
    >>

    > And that's why there's still an out-standing court case against the Evil
    > Empire. One that's being run by... The Commerce Commission!
    >
    > Get a grip, Ryan. It's not as black-and-white as you'd like to have
    > people believe.

    Chill :)

    Anyone that's been reading my rantings should know by now that I take the
    "truth" and embellish it with a little "satire".

    Anyway, if it's not as "black-and-white" as I paint it - what is the real
    reason that Telescum is holding the country to ransom? BTW, that's a serious
    question - not a flame :)
    Ryan Jacobs, Oct 9, 2004
  7. joe_90

    Mike_P Guest

    > In article <V6J9d.11384$>, "Ryan Jacobs"
    > <> wrote:
    >>
    >>"joe_90" <joe_90@invalid_address.com> wrote in message

    > *SNIP*
    >>Commerce Commission = Government Department
    >>Government Department = The Government
    >>The Government = A major political party
    >>A major political party = Labour or National
    >>Labour AND National = grateful receiver of corporate donations
    >>Grateful donor of corporate donations = Telecom
    >>Telecom = the "big finger" to the Commerce Commision
    >>
    >>There is no hope............
    >>

    > And that's why there's still an out-standing court case against the Evil
    > Empire. One that's being run by... The Commerce Commission!
    >
    > Get a grip, Ryan. It's not as black-and-white as you'd like to have
    > people believe.

    Yes it is, this is a crock of shit...

    1. The September 30 deadline has passed and it (UBS) IS NOT available... not
    until next year according to Telecom.
    2. What we have now is a Layer 3 workaround with Telecom still well and
    truly in control. And I haven't actually heard of anybody being switched
    over to it yet, including myself and I completed my request on 1 October.
    3. Whilst Telecom delay (I mean struggle with technical issues) they are
    allowed to actively promote and launch superior products rendering the UBS
    product the competition will eventually have obsolete before they can even
    provide it.

    Conclusion...it's a crock of shit. Unbundle the local loop and provide REAL
    completion to the NZ consumer.

    Mike_P
    Mike_P, Oct 9, 2004
  8. joe_90

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    "Mike_P" <> wrote in message

    > "Matthew Poole" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <V6J9d.11384$>, "Ryan Jacobs"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>"joe_90" <joe_90@invalid_address.com> wrote in message

    >> *SNIP*
    >>>Commerce Commission = Government Department
    >>>Government Department = The Government
    >>>The Government = A major political party
    >>>A major political party = Labour or National
    >>>Labour AND National = grateful receiver of corporate donations
    >>>Grateful donor of corporate donations = Telecom
    >>>Telecom = the "big finger" to the Commerce Commision
    >>>
    >>>There is no hope............
    >>>

    >> And that's why there's still an out-standing court case against the Evil
    >> Empire. One that's being run by... The Commerce Commission!
    >>
    >> Get a grip, Ryan. It's not as black-and-white as you'd like to have
    >> people believe.

    > Yes it is, this is a crock of shit...
    >
    > 1. The September 30 deadline has passed and it (UBS) IS NOT available...
    > not until next year according to Telecom.
    > 2. What we have now is a Layer 3 workaround with Telecom still well and
    > truly in control. And I haven't actually heard of anybody being switched
    > over to it yet, including myself and I completed my request on 1 October.
    > 3. Whilst Telecom delay (I mean struggle with technical issues) they are
    > allowed to actively promote and launch superior products rendering the UBS
    > product the competition will eventually have obsolete before they can even
    > provide it.
    >
    > Conclusion...it's a crock of shit. Unbundle the local loop and provide
    > REAL completion to the NZ consumer.

    Exactly! Why is NZ the only country (except Mexico) in the OECD that hasn't
    unbundled the local loop? IMHO - the answer is corporate corruption (by
    Telescum) of our politicians.
    Ryan Jacobs, Oct 9, 2004
  9. joe_90

    geoffm Guest

    On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 04:11:44 GMT, (Matthew Poole)
    wrote:

    >And that's why there's still an out-standing court case against the Evil
    >Empire. One that's being run by... The Commerce Commission!
    >
    >Get a grip, Ryan. It's not as black-and-white as you'd like to have
    >people believe.

    The 0867 case? It has been 3 years or more now, and i wouldn't be
    surprised if it is another 3 by the time it is resolved.
    Guess what - it is irrelevant. Like Microsoft, all they need to do is
    stall, and the march of technology lets them win by default. The
    broadband issue, churn fess etc are FAR more important than the access
    number you use to dial up your ISP.
    Geoff
    geoffm, Oct 9, 2004
  10. joe_90

    Hmmm Guest

    Mike_P wrote:
    > "Matthew Poole" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>In article <V6J9d.11384$>, "Ryan Jacobs"
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"joe_90" <joe_90@invalid_address.com> wrote in message

    >>*SNIP*
    >>
    >>>Commerce Commission = Government Department
    >>>Government Department = The Government
    >>>The Government = A major political party
    >>>A major political party = Labour or National
    >>>Labour AND National = grateful receiver of corporate donations
    >>>Grateful donor of corporate donations = Telecom
    >>>Telecom = the "big finger" to the Commerce Commision
    >>>
    >>>There is no hope............
    >>>

    >>And that's why there's still an out-standing court case against the Evil
    >>Empire. One that's being run by... The Commerce Commission!
    >>
    >>Get a grip, Ryan. It's not as black-and-white as you'd like to have
    >>people believe.

    > Yes it is, this is a crock of shit...
    >
    > 1. The September 30 deadline has passed and it (UBS) IS NOT available... not
    > until next year according to Telecom.
    > 2. What we have now is a Layer 3 workaround with Telecom still well and
    > truly in control. And I haven't actually heard of anybody being switched
    > over to it yet, including myself and I completed my request on 1 October.
    > 3. Whilst Telecom delay (I mean struggle with technical issues) they are
    > allowed to actively promote and launch superior products rendering the UBS
    > product the competition will eventually have obsolete before they can even
    > provide it.
    >
    > Conclusion...it's a crock of shit. Unbundle the local loop and provide REAL
    > completion to the NZ consumer.
    >
    > Mike_P

    Yeah the fact that its not even ubs being rolled out this month but
    rather its still a layer 3 service, i mean what the heck is the hold up?

    Either telecom are incompetant, or they are deliberately holding back to
    give their retail packages more chance..

    its unreal what they are allowed to get away with and I really cannot
    understand why people stick with telecom for tolls or internet (xtra)

    Hmmm, Oct 10, 2004