    OK, but the PPP authentication was down.

    Maybe it is a coincidence, but I notice most ADSL outages occur during or
    after heavy rain.

    JedMeister, Aug 5, 2004

  2. On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 11:12:29 +1200, "JedMeister"
    <> wrote:

    >This morning my ADSL connection was screwed. The link to the exchange was
    >OK, but the PPP authentication was down.

    DSL was screwed in Gisborne this morning too. Xtra's status message
    said technicians were "working on it".

    --
    Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
    Gisborne, New Zealand

    Kristofer Clayton, Aug 5, 2004

  3. JedMeister

    Nameless1 Guest

    Kristofer Clayton wrote:
    > DSL was screwed in Gisborne this morning too. Xtra's status message
    > said technicians were "working on it".

    Yep, and Waitakere. Good thing they didn't have to promise a consistent
    and reliable service huh.

    Les.

    Nameless1, Aug 5, 2004
  4. JedMeister

    The Flash Guest

    Maybe it is a coincidence, but most floods occur during or
    after heavy rain.

    ??

    The Flash, Aug 5, 2004
  5. JedMeister

    Chris Guest

    "JedMeister" <> wrote in news:x3eQc.9093
    $:

    > This morning my ADSL connection was screwed. The link to the exchange was
    > OK, but the PPP authentication was down.
    >
    > Maybe it is a coincidence, but I notice most ADSL outages occur during or
    > after heavy rain.

    Mine doesn't, and it didn't yesterday, though it did have problems in the
    past - I noticed that the cable had been dug up and left exposed (I kid u
    not) Then a tech left it with what looked like a plastic shopping bag tided
    round it (to keep it dry ?) AFAIK it's been repaired and burried now.

    SO, maybe you have a leak some where ? - any missing grey covers etc out on
    the street ?

    Chris, Aug 5, 2004