    made the decision to discontinue broadcasting Tech TV internationally". I
    have looked at merger information and no where on the website does it
    mention this. Just thought i'd have a whinge. ...J
    Palm, May 20, 2004

  2. Palm

    PseUDO Guest

    Palm wrote:

    > Looks like making us pay $3 extra for Sat TV wasn't enough for TC just got a
    > letter today saying TechTV is going, all I can say is POOs. This was one of
    > the main reason for choosing Sat TV over Sky, also probably the channel I
    > watch the most on Sat TV. The official word from TC is "Comcast Corp has
    > made the decision to discontinue broadcasting Tech TV internationally". I
    > have looked at merger information and no where on the website does it
    > mention this. Just thought i'd have a whinge. ...J

    Yep Tech TV have have fired all bar 100 of their staff and moved their
    operation to LA.

    http://techreport.com/onearticle.x/6688

    PseUDO
    PseUDO, May 20, 2004

  3. Palm

    Don Gould Guest

    Time to drop Sat TV then if you want to send you message home.

    Ring up and order Sky Digital.

    It's only churn figures that management get out of computers that makes
    a difference.

    If the computer doesn't back up the management then the management won't
    do it!

    Cheer Don

    Don Gould, May 20, 2004
  4. Palm

    colinco Guest

    In article <I7Wqc.7482$>,
    says...
    > Time to drop Sat TV then if you want to send you message home.
    >
    > Ring up and order Sky Digital.
    >
    > It's only churn figures that management get out of computers that makes
    > a difference.
    >
    > If the computer doesn't back up the management then the management won't
    > do it!

    Sky have just racked their price up too by $3 odd. The same letter
    unashamedly trumpets that the most popular programs in the basic package
    after Sky1 (US repeats) are UKTV (UK repeats), Disney and the History
    channel. What is costing them the extra money, people ditching Sport?
    colinco, May 20, 2004
  5. Palm

    Carl Elphick Guest

    "Palm" <stinky1stinky@[nospam]hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Looks like making us pay $3 extra for Sat TV wasn't enough for TC just got
    > letter today saying TechTV is going, all I can say is POOs. This was one
    > of
    > the main reason for choosing Sat TV over Sky, also probably the channel I
    > watch the most on Sat TV. The official word from TC is "Comcast Corp has
    > made the decision to discontinue broadcasting Tech TV internationally". I
    > have looked at merger information and no where on the website does it
    > mention this. Just thought i'd have a whinge. ...J

    Thats stink, I heard Tech TV is one of the highest rating channels on Saturn
    TV.
    Carl Elphick, May 20, 2004
  6. Palm

    Craig Sutton Guest

    > Looks like making us pay $3 extra for Sat TV wasn't enough for TC just got

    > letter today saying TechTV is going, all I can say is POOs. This was one

    of
    > the main reason for choosing Sat TV over Sky, also probably the channel I
    > watch the most on Sat TV. The official word from TC is "Comcast Corp has
    > made the decision to discontinue broadcasting Tech TV internationally". I
    > have looked at merger information and no where on the website does it
    > mention this. Just thought i'd have a whinge. ...J

    Its right...nothing Saturn can do about it. All pay tv provider throughout
    the Asia Pacific region are losing the International feed. The new G4techtv
    won't be distributed Internationally.
    Craig Sutton, May 20, 2004
  7. Palm

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "colinco" <> wrote in message
    > In article <I7Wqc.7482$>,
    > says...
    > > Time to drop Sat TV then if you want to send you message home.
    > >
    > > Ring up and order Sky Digital.
    > >
    > > It's only churn figures that management get out of computers that makes
    > > a difference.
    > >
    > > If the computer doesn't back up the management then the management won't
    > > do it!
    > >

    > Sky have just racked their price up too by $3 odd. The same letter
    > unashamedly trumpets that the most popular programs in the basic package
    > after Sky1 (US repeats) are UKTV (UK repeats), Disney and the History
    > channel. What is costing them the extra money, people ditching Sport?

    Because they are adding Skysport 3....someone has to pay for it.

    Guess what Skysports 3 will mostly be replays and filler off Eurosports
    news, think of Bloomberg/CNBC but for Sports news.
    Craig Sutton, May 20, 2004
  8. Palm

    Jeremy Guest

    Hi Craig

    Any news on the direct tv, ppl that were looking at coming to Nz,
    Any other providers on the horizons.

    Cheers

    Jeremy

    Jeremy, May 20, 2004
  9. Palm

    steve Guest

    Palm wrote:
    > Looks like making us pay $3 extra for Sat TV wasn't enough for TC just got a
    > letter today saying TechTV is going, all I can say is POOs. This was one of
    > the main reason for choosing Sat TV over Sky, also probably the channel I
    > watch the most on Sat TV. The official word from TC is "Comcast Corp has
    > made the decision to discontinue broadcasting Tech TV internationally". I
    > have looked at merger information and no where on the website does it
    > mention this. Just thought i'd have a whinge. ...J

    Tech TV were bought by Comcast and being merged into their own "G4" tech
    channel in the US.

    I thought it would mean the end of Tech TV here when i read about it a
    few weeks ago.

    Comcast are American-American. Period.
    steve, May 20, 2004
  10. Palm

    steve Guest

    Don Gould wrote:
    > Time to drop Sat TV then if you want to send you message home.
    >
    > Ring up and order Sky Digital.
    >
    > It's only churn figures that management get out of computers that makes
    > a difference.
    >
    > If the computer doesn't back up the management then the management won't
    > do it!

    TelstraClear is focused on business customers.

    They have made it implicitly clear that the residential TV and phone and
    Internet services are a burden they would not have invested in the first
    place.....had they any choice.

    if they lose residential customers, it probably makes it more likely
    Rosemary whats-er-name will get her annual bonus.
    steve, May 20, 2004
  11. Palm

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Jeremy" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Craig
    >
    > Any news on the direct tv, ppl that were looking at coming to Nz,
    > Any other providers on the horizons.

    I can't discuss the other group that want to launch a sat tv service its all
    under NDA
    Craig Sutton, May 20, 2004
  12. Palm

    brundlefly Guest

    "steve" <steve@mozilla-thunderbird0.6.org.nz> wrote in message

    > Tech TV were bought by Comcast and being merged into their own "G4" tech
    > channel in the US.
    >
    > I thought it would mean the end of Tech TV here when i read about it a
    > few weeks ago.
    >
    > Comcast are American-American. Period.

    But we still get E! which is also owned by Comcast
    I guess that crosses it off your global conspiracy list.
    brundlefly, May 20, 2004
  13. Palm

    Mutlley Guest

    "Craig Sutton" <> wrote:

    >"colinco" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <I7Wqc.7482$>,
    >> says...
    >> > Time to drop Sat TV then if you want to send you message home.
    >> >
    >> > Ring up and order Sky Digital.
    >> >
    >> > It's only churn figures that management get out of computers that makes
    >> > a difference.
    >> >
    >> > If the computer doesn't back up the management then the management won't
    >> > do it!
    >> >

    >> Sky have just racked their price up too by $3 odd. The same letter
    >> unashamedly trumpets that the most popular programs in the basic package
    >> after Sky1 (US repeats) are UKTV (UK repeats), Disney and the History
    >> channel. What is costing them the extra money, people ditching Sport?

    >Because they are adding Skysport 3....someone has to pay for it.
    >
    >Guess what Skysports 3 will mostly be replays and filler off Eurosports
    >news, think of Bloomberg/CNBC but for Sports news.

    And if you don't care about sports. ??
    Mutlley, May 20, 2004
  14. Palm

    Mutlley Guest

    "Craig Sutton" <> wrote:

    >"Palm" <stinky1stinky@[nospam]hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Looks like making us pay $3 extra for Sat TV wasn't enough for TC just got

    >> letter today saying TechTV is going, all I can say is POOs. This was one

    >of
    >> the main reason for choosing Sat TV over Sky, also probably the channel I
    >> watch the most on Sat TV. The official word from TC is "Comcast Corp has
    >> made the decision to discontinue broadcasting Tech TV internationally". I
    >> have looked at merger information and no where on the website does it
    >> mention this. Just thought i'd have a whinge. ...J
    >>

    >Its right...nothing Saturn can do about it. All pay tv provider throughout
    >the Asia Pacific region are losing the International feed. The new G4techtv
    >won't be distributed Internationally.

    Then why not email bomb G4techTV and make your concerns known. If no
    one complains to them then they think all is well..
    Mutlley, May 20, 2004
  15. Palm

    Mutlley Guest

    "Craig Sutton" <> wrote:

    >"Jeremy" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi Craig
    >>
    >> Any news on the direct tv, ppl that were looking at coming to Nz,
    >> Any other providers on the horizons.
    >>

    >I can't discuss the other group that want to launch a sat tv service its all
    >under NDA

    Someone has been saying " there another group staring soon for years.
    I suspect it is all "Vapor ware" Lets see some proof rather that " I
    can't say .. Under NDA"??
    Mutlley, May 20, 2004
  16. In article <>, steve@mozilla-
    thunderbird0.6.org.nz says...
    > Don Gould wrote:
    > > Time to drop Sat TV then if you want to send you message home.
    > >
    > > Ring up and order Sky Digital.
    > >
    > > It's only churn figures that management get out of computers that makes
    > > a difference.
    > >
    > > If the computer doesn't back up the management then the management won't
    > > do it!

    > TelstraClear is focused on business customers.
    >
    > They have made it implicitly clear that the residential TV and phone and
    > Internet services are a burden they would not have invested in the first
    > place.....had they any choice.

    So who made them buy saturn?
    Patrick Dunford, May 21, 2004
  17. Palm

    Carl Elphick Guest

    > I can't discuss the other group that want to launch a sat tv service its
    > all
    > under NDA

    Whatever happened to ImpacTv that you were talking about at one stage?
    Carl Elphick, May 21, 2004
  18. Palm

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Mutlley" <> wrote in message
    > "Craig Sutton" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Jeremy" <> wrote in message
    > >> Hi Craig
    > >>
    > >> Any news on the direct tv, ppl that were looking at coming to Nz,
    > >> Any other providers on the horizons.
    > >>

    > >I can't discuss the other group that want to launch a sat tv service its

    all
    > >under NDA
    > >

    > Someone has been saying " there another group staring soon for years.
    > I suspect it is all "Vapor ware" Lets see some proof rather that " I
    > can't say .. Under NDA"??

    Sorry just the facts , don't you know what a non disclosure agreement is.
    Craig Sutton, May 21, 2004
  19. Palm

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Carl Elphick" <> wrote in message

    > "Craig Sutton" <> wrote in message
    >

    > > I can't discuss the other group that want to launch a sat tv service its
    > > all
    > > under NDA

    > Whatever happened to ImpacTv that you were talking about at one stage?

    Still happening as I said its all under Non Disclosure agreement between
    certain groups /broadcasters channel providers.
    Craig Sutton, May 21, 2004
  20. Palm

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Mutlley <> wrote in

    > And if you don't care about sports. ??

    Hear, Hear... I am going to be watching the rugby tonight, but less Tech
    for more sports, no thanks. How about more science, Sci Fi, Tech stuff...

    Someone give us the email address to write to and I will use it, I am sure
    others will too.
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, May 22, 2004