Technology Writer Looking for Network Professionals who Blog to Interview

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by redsox1216@aol.com, May 26, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I am a freelance writer for a computer magazine, and my current
    assignment is to interview "network professionals" who write
    interesting blogs. (I'm perfectly willing to reveal the name of the
    magazine once I've made contact with a good subject. I'm sure all
    network professionals will recognize it.)

    My editor has defined "network professional" in the following terms. If
    you don't meet the qualifications, please don't bother replying.

    Requirements:

    1) Network professionals with jobs that specifically relate to
    following types of technology:
    LANS, WANs, network, directors of technology/IT/MIS/IS, CTOs, data
    center managers, admins of servers (or any hardware), admins of
    operating systems like Windows.

    2) Avoid computer programmers, IT helpdesk, training professionals or
    technology consultants.

    3)Sorry, no IT professionals that work for computer technology
    companies. These are vendors, not users. Off limits industries include
    software, computer hardware (servers/PCs, routers, switches, IT
    security appliances, etc.), semiconductors/chips, IT consulting. Highly
    technical industries other than the computer industry are fine
    (aerospace, biotech, automotive, industrial manufacturing, etc.)

    4) Avoid blogs about technology opinions as these very common among our
    readers - unless there is something particularly unique about the blog
    (it's influence or angle, for instance).

    5) Interview subject must agree to be named (including job title and
    company) and photographed.

    If you fit hte above profile and you'd like to be considered for an
    interview (just think of the added readers to your blog!) please e-mail
    me at the address below.

    Susan S.
    , May 26, 2005