    Guh.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0551-6, 12/24/2005
    Tested on: 12/26/2005 3:27:11 PM
    Matt Ion, Dec 26, 2005

  2. Matt Ion

    CeeBee Guest

    Matt Ion <> wrote in rec.photo.digital:

    > So as an anniversary gift last March, my wife bought me the iP6000D
    > printer I'd been admiring. Nice printer, I love it. Well worth the
    > CDN$300 as far as I'm concerned.
    >
    > Went out this morning for the Boxing Day sales... saw they're blowing
    > out the iP6000Ds for $99.95.

    A full nine months before the price drop. That's quite a long time for this
    kind of stuff, as you are well aware of. Mostly price drops occur in three
    or four months - tops. Not much to complain about, really.

    --
    CeeBee

    *** The Cookie Has Spoken ***
    CeeBee, Dec 26, 2005

  3. In article <u%_rf.192053$ki.63899@pd7tw2no>,
    Matt Ion <> wrote:

    > So as an anniversary gift last March, my wife bought me the iP6000D
    > printer I'd been admiring. Nice printer, I love it. Well worth the
    > CDN$300 as far as I'm concerned.
    >
    > Went out this morning for the Boxing Day sales... saw they're blowing
    > out the iP6000Ds for $99.95.
    >
    > Guh.

    The only problem is if you did not get the 200.00 out of it before
    the sale,......well did you?????
    --
    Would thou choose to meet a rat eating dragon, or
    a dragon, eating rat? The answer of: I am somewhere
    Little Green Eyed Dragon, Dec 26, 2005
  4. Matt Ion

    Pod Guest

    "Matt Ion" <> wrote in message
    > So as an anniversary gift last March, my wife bought me the iP6000D printer
    > I'd been admiring. Nice printer, I love it. Well worth the CDN$300 as far
    > as I'm concerned.
    >
    > Went out this morning for the Boxing Day sales... saw they're blowing out
    > the iP6000Ds for $99.95.
    >
    > Guh.
    >

    > ---
    > Virus Database (VPS): 0551-6, 12/24/2005
    > Tested on: 12/26/2005 3:27:11 PM

    I am so sad for you, you must be devastated.
    Pod, Dec 26, 2005
  5. Matt Ion

    Matt Ion Guest

    CeeBee wrote:
    > Matt Ion <> wrote in rec.photo.digital:
    >

    >>So as an anniversary gift last March, my wife bought me the iP6000D
    >>printer I'd been admiring. Nice printer, I love it. Well worth the
    >>CDN$300 as far as I'm concerned.
    >>
    >>Went out this morning for the Boxing Day sales... saw they're blowing
    >>out the iP6000Ds for $99.95.

    > A full nine months before the price drop. That's quite a long time for this
    > kind of stuff, as you are well aware of. Mostly price drops occur in three
    > or four months - tops. Not much to complain about, really.

    Yeah, but not that much of a drop!

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0551-6, 12/24/2005
    Tested on: 12/26/2005 7:48:23 PM
    Matt Ion, Dec 27, 2005
  6. Matt Ion

    Mark² Guest

    Matt Ion wrote:
    > So as an anniversary gift last March, my wife bought me the iP6000D
    > printer I'd been admiring. Nice printer, I love it. Well worth the
    > CDN$300 as far as I'm concerned.
    >
    > Went out this morning for the Boxing Day sales... saw they're blowing
    > out the iP6000Ds for $99.95.
    >
    > Guh.

    So...
    ....Buy another one!
    Mark², Dec 27, 2005
  7. Matt Ion

    Matt Ion Guest

    Mark² wrote:
    > Matt Ion wrote:
    >
    >>So as an anniversary gift last March, my wife bought me the iP6000D
    >>printer I'd been admiring. Nice printer, I love it. Well worth the
    >>CDN$300 as far as I'm concerned.
    >>
    >>Went out this morning for the Boxing Day sales... saw they're blowing
    >>out the iP6000Ds for $99.95.
    >>
    >>Guh.

    > So...
    > ...Buy another one!

    Thought about that... would be cheaper than the price of replacing all
    the ink. Well... okay, it would be about the same :)

    Oh well, they were sold out already.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0551-6, 12/24/2005
    Tested on: 12/26/2005 11:03:21 PM
    Matt Ion, Dec 27, 2005
  8. Matt Ion

    RustY© Guest

    "Matt Ion" <> wrote in message
    > Went out this morning for the Boxing Day sales... saw they're blowing
    > out the iP6000Ds for $99.95.

    That will be to clear the shelves for the new model which will be twice as
    good and only half the price.

    Technology and price dropping - learn to live with it.
    RustY©, Dec 27, 2005
  9. Matt Ion

    CeeBee Guest

    Matt Ion <> wrote in rec.photo.digital:

    > Yeah, but not that much of a drop!

    The drop is relatively mild, and especially over such a long time. It goes
    for almost all components.

    I bought 512MB memory for around EUR 200, and half a year later I could take
    it home for EUR 80.

    IIRC in early 1996 or so I bought a top of the line Pentium II at 200MHz for
    2100 guilders; four months later it priced under 800 guilders.

    I saw my iPAQ hx4700 in January listed for EUR 650. One and a half month
    later you could buy it for EUR 400 at some places already. That's a 250
    drop, nearly 40% off.

    Maybe you're all new to buying computer parts. Prepare yourself for a very
    rough ride...... :)

    --
    CeeBee

    *** The Cookie Has Spoken ***
    CeeBee, Dec 27, 2005
  10. Matt Ion

    Ron Hunter Guest

    CeeBee wrote:
    > Matt Ion <> wrote in rec.photo.digital:
    >

    >> Yeah, but not that much of a drop!

    > The drop is relatively mild, and especially over such a long time. It goes
    > for almost all components.
    >
    > I bought 512MB memory for around EUR 200, and half a year later I could take
    > it home for EUR 80.
    >
    > IIRC in early 1996 or so I bought a top of the line Pentium II at 200MHz for
    > 2100 guilders; four months later it priced under 800 guilders.
    >
    > I saw my iPAQ hx4700 in January listed for EUR 650. One and a half month
    > later you could buy it for EUR 400 at some places already. That's a 250
    > drop, nearly 40% off.
    >
    > Maybe you're all new to buying computer parts. Prepare yourself for a very
    > rough ride...... :)

    Flash ram has dropped to 1/6 what it was in less than 18 months. But
    the most dramatic drop is in HD price per/Gigabyte. The first 1GB
    drives were $2200 (USD). Now HD space is about $.39/Gigabyte!
    My brother has a 1.3 megapixel camera (Olympus) that cost $500 new. Now
    you can find a 3 mp camera with great movie mode, and a 3x optical zoom
    for $130!
    Ron Hunter, Dec 27, 2005
  11. Matt Ion

    Bill Funk Guest

    On 26 Dec 2005 23:34:12 GMT, CeeBee <>
    wrote:

    >Matt Ion <> wrote in rec.photo.digital:
    >
    >> So as an anniversary gift last March, my wife bought me the iP6000D
    >> printer I'd been admiring. Nice printer, I love it. Well worth the
    >> CDN$300 as far as I'm concerned.
    >>
    >> Went out this morning for the Boxing Day sales... saw they're blowing
    >> out the iP6000Ds for $99.95.

    >A full nine months before the price drop. That's quite a long time for this
    >kind of stuff, as you are well aware of. Mostly price drops occur in three
    >or four months - tops. Not much to complain about, really.

    Usually, I find the price drop is about 1-5 days after I buy
    something. :-(

    --
    Bill Funk
    Replace "g" with "a"