    dB

    ps - I don't think reviewers seem to give the specific details in reviews if
    you know what I mean. Perhaps they should?
    bagal, Jun 5, 2004

  2. bagal

    jpc Guest

    On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 18:03:27 +0100, "bagal" <>
    wrote:

    >Is there a site that will give details of the sensor used in digital
    >cameras?
    >
    >The information I seek is: the manufacturer of the sensor in the brand/model
    >camera
    >
    >I am sure this information will help myself amnd others
    >
    >Ta!
    >
    >dB
    >

    >ps - I don't think reviewers seem to give the specific details in reviews if
    >you know what I mean. Perhaps they should?

    Camera companies are very closed mouthed with technical information on
    their chips. There are bits and pieces of info out there but it takes
    some work to collect it.

    For example it took me about three years to find out that the chip in
    my oly 3020 is the same chip that is used in the coolpic 990, that it
    doesn't have a conventional RGB sensor but rather a complementary CMY
    sensor--one of the reasons it is such a good lowlight camera-- and
    once you discover the undocumented secrets of it raw mode you end up
    with files using the NEF format not the ORF format.

    The flip side of this is if you do the reseach you are going to end up
    know a lot more about your camera

    jpc
    jpc, Jun 7, 2004