    interesting, but I'm not sure it's what I'm looking for.

    Chris
    A+, Net+
    Chris E, Nov 15, 2004

  2. Chris E

    AG Guest

    "Chris E" <> wrote in message
    news:UQ8md.100046$R05.1078@attbi_s53...
    > Does anyone know of any good tech magazines out there that might help to
    > keep up to date on the everchanging world of PCs? I was a subscriber to
    > PC Magazine and PC World, but they seem more interested in the user side
    > of things and may be the world's longest non-stop buying guide. They have
    > very little help in the area or actual knowledge of technical issues and
    > rehash the same stuff every 12 months.
    > I'd like a good tech mag that is geared toward the innards of the system
    > and might actually teach you a little something. A little hardware
    > information, a little software information, up and coming technologies,
    > up-to-date security information, etc. Is there anything out there?
    >
    > Also, has anyone heard of or read Extreme Tech (I think that's it).
    > Sounds interesting, but I'm not sure it's what I'm looking for.
    >
    > Chris
    > A+, Net+

    I have better luck with news letters than paper magazines. I use the Langa
    list, Lockergnome, Tom's Hardware and several from ZDNET to mention just a
    few. CNET also has several that are pretty good.

    AG
    AG, Nov 15, 2004

  3. Chris E

    Bob Schmidt Guest

    "Mark Mandell" <> wrote in message

    > "Chris E" <> wrote in message
    > > Does anyone know of any good tech magazines out there that might help to
    > > keep up to date on the everchanging world of PCs? I was a subscriber to
    > > PC Magazine and PC World, but they seem more interested in the user side
    > > of things and may be the world's longest non-stop buying guide. They

    have
    > > very little help in the area or actual knowledge of technical issues and
    > > rehash the same stuff every 12 months.
    > > I'd like a good tech mag that is geared toward the innards of the system
    > > and might actually teach you a little something. A little hardware
    > > information, a little software information, up and coming technologies,
    > > up-to-date security information, etc. Is there anything out there?
    > >
    > > Also, has anyone heard of or read Extreme Tech (I think that's it).
    > > Sounds interesting, but I'm not sure it's what I'm looking for.
    > >
    > > Chris
    > > A+, Net+

    > Early this year, I got "The Complete Guide to Troubleshooting Your PC", a
    > magazine costing all of $5.99 U.S. , put out by the PC upgrade Learning
    > Series. Well worth it in my opinion.

    Maximum PC for the cutting edge stuff.
    Bob Schmidt, Nov 16, 2004
  4. Chris E

    Jack Barrett Guest

    I have found CPU magazine a very useful resource for staying up with PC tech
    and general industry updates!
    http://www.computerpoweruser.com/

    Good Reading,

    Jack Barrett
    My Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com

    Jack Barrett, Nov 17, 2004
  5. Chris E

    Jaxzone Guest

    I also like http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/
    cheers
    JaxZone

    Jaxzone, Nov 17, 2004
  6. Chris E

    CLV3 Guest

    "Chris E" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know of any good tech magazines out there that might help to
    > keep up to date on the everchanging world of PCs?

    i find maximum pc to be one of the best.
    CLV3, Nov 17, 2004
  7. Chris E

    Rick Todd Guest

    Personally, I like getting my FREE copy of E-Week Magazine each week. All
    kinds of articles on new hardware, software, security issues, networking,
    the whole shabang.

    Rick Todd, Nov 18, 2004
  8. Chris E

    CLV3 Guest

    "Rick Todd" <> wrote in message
    > Personally, I like getting my FREE copy of E-Week Magazine each week. All
    > kinds of articles on new hardware, software, security issues, networking,
    > the whole shabang.

    E Week or Info week???
    CLV3, Nov 19, 2004