    excluding software.

    Ian Samson
    PC User since DOS2
    ProfQ, Aug 28, 2008

  2. Your question is really not appropriate for this forum.
    Your asking for a system design, which is hardware. This is
    a software forum for questions directly related to the
    function of 64-bit Windows operating systems.

    You will need to do some research on your own on the
    internet, or, consult with a local computer shop that
    specializing in designing systems.

    Bobby Johnson, Aug 28, 2008

  3. ProfQ

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 28/08/2008 in message <g9742o$tee$> ProfQ
    wrote:

    >Are there any tech-savvy readers who could possibly please direct me - but
    >I do not wish to spend more than $3000 on the entire system, excluding
    >software.

    It would be worth finding a homebuilt or hardware group -
    uk.comp.homebuilt is very good, I don't know if there is a US equivalent?

    --
    Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
    You can't tell which way the train went by looking at the tracks
    Jeff Gaines, Aug 29, 2008
  4. ProfQ

    Clayton Guest

    That was nice of Jeff to point ProfQ in the right direction.

    Clayton, Aug 30, 2008
  5. ProfQ

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 23:07:20 +0200, ProfQ <>
    wrote:

    Ian

    For video editing I would recommend to stay away from Vista, and stick
    to XP. There are few programs which run well on Vista 64. Drivers is a
    main concern when you're using special video hardware.
    Vista has unfortunately to much overhead for time-critical
    applications like video-editing. Maybe if you spend hours/days in
    killing all non-necessary backgroundtasks etc etc, you can get a
    reasonably decent running system, but it's just a waste of time if yo
    can do the same job in XP without much tweaking.

    cheers

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Aug 31, 2008