Team chat in games

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Julian Visch, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. Julian Visch

    Julian Visch Guest

    R-Slicks wrote:

    > My wife and I are getting fed up shouting across teh house to each
    > other when playing mulitplayer games. Any specific recommendations for
    > hardware/software to enable headsets to be used ? ie the MS GameVoice
    > thing, Roger Wilco, etc ?

    You can get walky talkies with head sets.

    Julian Visch, Jul 25, 2003

  2. Julian Visch

    R-Slicks Guest

    --
    DO NOT reply to - it is simply a spam catch.
    You can, if you wish, try "news .at. preou .dot. com"

    R-Slicks, Jul 26, 2003

  3. "R-Slicks" <> wrote in message
    > My wife and I are getting fed up shouting across teh house to each
    > other when playing mulitplayer games. Any specific recommendations for
    > hardware/software to enable headsets to be used ? ie the MS GameVoice
    > thing, Roger Wilco, etc ?

    I'd reccomend Roger Wilco. Alternatively, if you have 2 cordless phones on
    the same line, try this:

    1. Dial 137 on one phone, hang up.
    2. When the phone is ringing, pick up phone 1, then phone 2.
    3. Talk away! BTW: You are using up the phone line.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 27, 2003
  4. Julian Visch

    m00se Guest

    R-Slicks wrote:
    > My wife and I are getting fed up shouting across teh house to each
    > other when playing mulitplayer games. Any specific recommendations for
    > hardware/software to enable headsets to be used ? ie the MS GameVoice
    > thing, Roger Wilco, etc ?

    www.teamspeak.org

    It will require one machine to run a small server app on it, but ive
    used both RW and TS2 for a while now, and find the voice quality of
    teamspeak far better.

    m00se, Jul 27, 2003
  5. Julian Visch

    Rider Guest

    "m00se" <> wrote in message
    > R-Slicks wrote:
    > > My wife and I are getting fed up shouting across teh house to each
    > > other when playing mulitplayer games. Any specific recommendations for
    > > hardware/software to enable headsets to be used ? ie the MS GameVoice
    > > thing, Roger Wilco, etc ?
    > >

    > www.teamspeak.org
    >
    > It will require one machine to run a small server app on it, but ive
    > used both RW and TS2 for a while now, and find the voice quality of
    > teamspeak far better.

    Yep, Teamspeak rocks. Much better than RW

    Rider

    Rider, Jul 28, 2003
  6. Julian Visch

    R-Slicks Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 10:53:45 +1200, R-Slicks <>
    wrote:

    >My wife and I are getting fed up shouting across teh house to each
    >other when playing mulitplayer games. Any specific recommendations for
    >hardware/software to enable headsets to be used ? ie the MS GameVoice
    >thing, Roger Wilco, etc ?

    Cheers Guys,
    I had tried RW a couple of years ago and it was 'ok'.
    I'll defnitely check out teamspeak tho'
    Thanks,

    R-Slicks, Jul 29, 2003