    we use mike meyers books & dvd's but would love any new ideas on how to
    present/interest & challenge my students.
    any and all ideas welcome. thanks.

    6ftplus, Jul 6, 2005

  2. 6ftplus

    JohnO Guest

    > are there any teachers/trainers out there who believe they are "great
    > teachers". i teach a+ and am always looking for better ways to teach.
    > we use mike meyers books & dvd's but would love any new ideas on how to
    > present/interest & challenge my students.
    > any and all ideas welcome. thanks.

    What type of school do you work for?

    -John O

    JohnO, Jul 6, 2005

  3. 6ftplus

    SmAfDiBoY Guest

    Try teaching in the nude......should be interesting

    SmAfDiBoY, Jul 6, 2005
  4. 6ftplus

    6ftplus Guest

    SmAfDiBoY wrote:
    > Try teaching in the nude......should be interesting

    :) i teach in a private training enterprise in new zealand.
    nude teaching....aahhhh....i don't know....

    6ftplus, Jul 7, 2005
  5. 6ftplus

    JohnO Guest

    > :) i teach in a private training enterprise in new zealand.
    > nude teaching....aahhhh....i don't know....

    There aren't too many instructors I'd like to see nude...a well-proportioned
    young blonde comes to mind...

    Anyway...focus on hands-on. Have the students DO the stuff.

    (I had other suggestions if you were in the US, and maybe with a public
    school, but they don't apply to you.)

    -John O

    JohnO, Jul 7, 2005
  6. 6ftplus

    Captain Lon Guest

    Mix in some real world practical experience hands on kind of stuff.

    Without the students seeing you, plug the floppy drive in up side down and
    let them figure out why the green light is always on, stuff like that.

    --
    Captain Lon

    A good sailor does not need good luck or a boat!

    Captain Lon, Jul 8, 2005
  7. On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 22:56:48 GMT, "Captain Lon" <>
    wrote:

    >Mix in some real world practical experience hands on kind of stuff.
    >
    >Without the students seeing you, plug the floppy drive in up side down and
    >let them figure out why the green light is always on, stuff like that.

    Make a bootable floppy with an autoexec.bat file whose last line is
    the null character, inserted using the Alt key and the appropriate
    numeric keypad sequence. Using debug, create a .com file that boots
    the computer (I forget exactly how that is done, but it's in an
    assembler book I have, and if/when I find it I'll post it. The
    filename will, of course, be the null character. See who is the first
    to figure out what is happening. :)

    Depending on fonts, sometimes there can be fun had with the confusion
    between zero (0) and upper case O, also 1 and lower case L.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 9, 2005
  8. 6ftplus

    Captain Lon Guest

    Tom's suggestion reminds me: I have seen many problems with people writing
    down product keys incorrectly, or at least sloppily.

    | does not mean 'one'. 1 means 'one'. People can also get sloppy so that
    you can't tell the difference between 2 and Z. How about U and V. Teach
    them to write down numbers and letters correctly so they can be communicated
    properly.

    Captain Lon, Jul 10, 2005
  9. On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 10:45:57 GMT, "Captain Lon" <>
    wrote:

    >Tom's suggestion reminds me: I have seen many problems with people writing
    >down product keys incorrectly, or at least sloppily.
    >
    >| does not mean 'one'. 1 means 'one'. People can also get sloppy so that
    >you can't tell the difference between 2 and Z. How about U and V. Teach
    >them to write down numbers and letters correctly so they can be communicated
    >properly.

    Right...6 and G can cause problems also.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 10, 2005
  10. 6ftplus

    Linker3000 Guest

    SmAfDiBoY wrote:

    > Try teaching in the nude......should be interesting

    That practially elminates the risk of static discharge as I used to tell
    my students!

    I taught A+ for many years until about 2 years ago when I got a
    permanent job and stopped freelancing for training companies in the UK.

    I also wrote about three sets of A+ courseware for various organisations
    and you're welcome to pick my brains.

    L3K

    Linker3000, Jul 10, 2005