Teacher sues after jury trial ends in acquittal

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Jun 27, 2010.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    richard, Jun 27, 2010

  2. richard

    Mike Easter Guest

    richard wrote:
    > http://www.ajc.com/news/acquitted-georgia-teacher-files-534445.html?cxntl

    How can you - the accused kinder-teacher - lose if your lawyer is named
    Demosthenes?

    http://www.ajc.com/news/ga-teacher-says-acquittal-524977.html

    <q> He said he and Craft's other attorneys have contacted the Federal
    Bureau of Investigation and the U.S. attorney's office about what he
    called the "fraudulent" behavior of Judge Brian House and the Catoosa
    County district attorney's office during the case.

    Questions have been raised about the fairness of a trial in front of
    House, who helped represent Craft's ex-husband in the couple's divorce
    in the 1990s. Defense attorneys filed a motion seeking the judge's
    recusal, but he refused to step down. </q>

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jun 27, 2010

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 07:58:34 -0700, Mike Easter wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >> http://www.ajc.com/news/acquitted-georgia-teacher-files-534445.html?cxntl

    > How can you - the accused kinder-teacher - lose if your lawyer is named
    > Demosthenes?
    >
    > http://www.ajc.com/news/ga-teacher-says-acquittal-524977.html
    >
    > <q> He said he and Craft's other attorneys have contacted the Federal
    > Bureau of Investigation and the U.S. attorney's office about what he
    > called the "fraudulent" behavior of Judge Brian House and the Catoosa
    > County district attorney's office during the case.
    >
    > Questions have been raised about the fairness of a trial in front of
    > House, who helped represent Craft's ex-husband in the couple's divorce
    > in the 1990s. Defense attorneys filed a motion seeking the judge's
    > recusal, but he refused to step down. </q>

    Did ya note the comment from the prosecutor that was posted to his blog,
    maybe like during the trial? If he weren't a prosecutor he'd get his ass
    kicked for saying that online. Yes mister legal beagle Evan Platt,
    attorneys are chastised for such things by the bar association.

    In the McMartin/Rivera fiasco, it was found that the kids themselves got so
    fed up with the interviews that they just said things to get the
    interviewers to shut up and go away.
    richard, Jun 27, 2010
  4. richard

    Mike Easter Guest

    richard wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:

    >> How can you - the accused kinder-teacher - lose if your lawyer is named
    >> Demosthenes?

    > In the McMartin/Rivera fiasco, it was found that the kids themselves got so
    > fed up with the interviews that they just said things to get the
    > interviewers to shut up and go away.

    The bigtime false accusations of child molestation we had around here
    back in 1991-1993 - with a 7.5 month trial - was the Dale Akiki case.

    Because of prosecutorial and investigator-therapist manipulations, the
    children came up with phantasmagoric tales.

    Altho' the reading is very lawyerly, here is a good .pdf summary of the
    events of the Croft case summarized in the $25 million lawsuit that her
    legal team has assembled against everyone and his brother.

    http://wrcb.images.worldnow.com/images/incoming/news/craftlawsuit.pdf

    That link came from a WRCB Channel 3 link here
    http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12533513 The 10-count lawsuit
    names 19 defendants, including parents of the girls who accused Craft of
    molestation, the forensic interviewers and therapist who worked with the
    girls, the Child Advocacy Center of Fort Oglethorpe, the GreenHouse,
    Detective Tim Deal and the Catoosa County Sheriff's Office.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jun 27, 2010
  5. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 10:10:38 -0700, Mike Easter wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >> Mike Easter wrote:

    >>> How can you - the accused kinder-teacher - lose if your lawyer is named
    >>> Demosthenes?

    >> In the McMartin/Rivera fiasco, it was found that the kids themselves got so
    >> fed up with the interviews that they just said things to get the
    >> interviewers to shut up and go away.

    > The bigtime false accusations of child molestation we had around here
    > back in 1991-1993 - with a 7.5 month trial - was the Dale Akiki case.
    >
    > Because of prosecutorial and investigator-therapist manipulations, the
    > children came up with phantasmagoric tales.
    >
    > Altho' the reading is very lawyerly, here is a good .pdf summary of the
    > events of the Croft case summarized in the $25 million lawsuit that her
    > legal team has assembled against everyone and his brother.
    >
    > http://wrcb.images.worldnow.com/images/incoming/news/craftlawsuit.pdf
    >
    > That link came from a WRCB Channel 3 link here
    > http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12533513 The 10-count lawsuit
    > names 19 defendants, including parents of the girls who accused Craft of
    > molestation, the forensic interviewers and therapist who worked with the
    > girls, the Child Advocacy Center of Fort Oglethorpe, the GreenHouse,
    > Detective Tim Deal and the Catoosa County Sheriff's Office.

    Sounds like it's gonna be fun during the trial.
    Now if they are all found guilty, will each one have to fork over $25
    million each independently? This trial should last about a year at least.

    What can be said to make me go away? How about, "Congratulations sir, here
    is your lottery check for $300 million dollars.".
    richard, Jun 27, 2010