    "It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession.
    I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."
    --Ronald Reagan
    Bob, Feb 2, 2006

  2. Bob

    Baz Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Anyone have any idea how to make TDA preserve subtitles?
    >
    > There is no reason to lose them if they are there in the original DVD.

    TDA doesn't support subtitles.
    Baz, Feb 2, 2006

  3. Bob

    Ken Maltby Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone have any idea how to make TDA preserve subtitles?
    >
    > There is no reason to lose them if they are there in the original DVD.

    And the other $50 programs that can Author with menus, and
    do subtitles are???

    If you need subtitles get the $200 DVDLab Pro, and learn how to
    use it.

    Luck;
    Ken Maltby, Feb 2, 2006
  4. Bob

    Bob Guest

    On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 15:20:25 -0600, "Ken Maltby"
    <> wrote:

    >> Anyone have any idea how to make TDA preserve subtitles?
    >> There is no reason to lose them if they are there in the original DVD.

    > And the other $50 programs that can Author with menus, and
    >do subtitles are???

    > If you need subtitles get the $200 DVDLab Pro, and learn how to
    >use it.

    I do not need subtitles that badly.

    My point is that it would not take much effort for TDA to include
    subtitles.

    Bob, Feb 3, 2006
  5. Bob

    Dave S Guest

    Ken Maltby wrote:
    > "Bob" <> wrote in message
    >> Anyone have any idea how to make TDA preserve subtitles?
    >>
    >> There is no reason to lose them if they are there in the original DVD.
    >>

    > And the other $50 programs that can Author with menus, and
    > do subtitles are???
    >
    > If you need subtitles get the $200 DVDLab Pro, and learn how to
    > use it.
    >
    > Luck;

    That may be a little over-the-top; you can get DVD-Lab Studio, which
    handles subtitles, for $129.

    Dave S.
    Dave S, Feb 3, 2006
  6. Bob

    Toshi1873 Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 15:20:25 -0600, "Ken Maltby"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >> Anyone have any idea how to make TDA preserve subtitles?
    > >> There is no reason to lose them if they are there in the original DVD.

    > > And the other $50 programs that can Author with menus, and
    > >do subtitles are???

    > > If you need subtitles get the $200 DVDLab Pro, and learn how to
    > >use it.

    > I do not need subtitles that badly.
    >
    > My point is that it would not take much effort for TDA to include
    > subtitles.

    There's a new version of DVD Author (they seem to be segmenting their
    product line). I have yet to figure out whether it's the follow-on to
    TDA 1.6 (which supports 8.5GB DVDs) or if it's a new product with more
    features.
    Toshi1873, Feb 3, 2006
  7. Bob

    <> wrote:

    > If you need subtitles get the $200 DVDLab Pro, and learn how to
    >use it.

    Actually I want to convert to AVI with subtitles preserved. AutoGK
    takes far too long.

    Bob, Feb 3, 2006
  8. Bob

    Ken Maltby Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message

    > Actually I want to convert to AVI with subtitles preserved. AutoGK
    > takes far too long.

    Using the damnable expression "convert to AVI", as if it
    actually means anything, is a sign of the uninformed and
    those who refuse to learn and understand what is actually
    going on.

    Luck;
    Ken
    Ken Maltby, Feb 4, 2006
  9. Bob

    Bob Guest

    On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 20:38:33 -0600, "Ken Maltby"
    <> wrote:

    >> Actually I want to convert to AVI with subtitles preserved. AutoGK
    >> takes far too long.

    > Using the damnable expression "convert to AVI", as if it
    >actually means anything, is a sign of the uninformed and
    >those who refuse to learn and understand what is actually
    >going on.

    Quit being so obnoxious.

    Bob, Feb 4, 2006
  10. Bob

    Ken Maltby Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 15:20:25 -0600, "Ken Maltby"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> If you need subtitles get the $200 DVDLab Pro, and learn how to
    >>use it.

    > Actually I want to convert to AVI with subtitles preserved. AutoGK
    > takes far too long.

    And this has What to do with TDA? Or any DVD authoring
    program for that matter. "Converting to AVI" has nothing to do
    with Authoring a DVD, or the subject of this thread - YOU
    started.

    Luck;
    Ken
    Ken Maltby, Feb 4, 2006
  11. Bob

    Bob Guest

    On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 02:38:30 -0600, "Ken Maltby"
    <> wrote:

    >> Actually I want to convert to AVI with subtitles preserved. AutoGK
    >> takes far too long.

    > And this has What to do with TDA? Or any DVD authoring
    >program for that matter. "Converting to AVI" has nothing to do
    >with Authoring a DVD, or the subject of this thread - YOU
    >started.

    You got me on that, Ken.

    Congratulations.

    Bob, Feb 4, 2006