    Anyone else notice anything strange??...for what its worth, I'm on Comcast
    in Colorado.

    --jmnugent
    jmnugent, Sep 28, 2003

  2. jmnugent

    °Mike° Guest

    Only 500 in 12 hours is nothing. Forget about it, and let your
    firewall get on with it's job.

    On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 23:21:57 GMT, in
    <pYodb.601795$Ho3.118016@sccrnsc03>
    jmnugent scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 28, 2003

  3. jmnugent

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Read this page and concerning your "issue", calm yourself.
    http://tinyurl.com/ox8z

    I'd like to give you another helpful clue. Never post binaries blah blah
    bla...you wrote that you understand that rule. You _can_ lose your ISP
    if reported.
    --
    Juan

    jmnugent <ten.tsacmoc@tnegunmj> wrote in message
    > Well..I realize it sounds innocuous, but it just seems to have a very

    odd
    > pattern.
    > Usually I'm getting a pretty wide variety of attacks (OS fingerprint,

    FTP
    > port probes, port scans,etc),
    > but this has been only "TCP_Probe_Other" for 12 hours.....no other

    attacks

    Juan Pérez, Sep 28, 2003
  4. jmnugent

    °Mike° Guest

    Thanks, Juan. I didn't see his reply - my NSP filters binaries.

    Nice link, btw. :)

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 03:53:43 GMT, in
    <bXsdb.21265$>
    Juan Pérez scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 28, 2003
  5. jmnugent

    Juan Pérez Guest

    No dancing girls, it was a screenshot of his firewall log.
    Thanks ;-)

    Juan Pérez, Sep 28, 2003
  6. jmnugent

    jmnugent Guest

    More strangely....this morning at 5:30 am.....all of the "TCP_Probe_Other"
    attacks stopped,
    and my firewall is now blocking what looks like a normal activity/variety
    level of attacks.
    Interesting if nothing else...wonder what it was...
    --jmnugent

    jmnugent, Sep 28, 2003