    table format, TCP and UDP ports, their basic function, and any
    associated W2k service(s) or Registry entries that can turn them on/off?

    Thanks

    Xiccarph, Jun 28, 2003

  2. Xiccarph

    Jimchip Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:09:35 -0500, Xiccarph wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a one-stop source on the web (without looking thru
    > dozens of articles, sites or individual pages) that lists in a neat
    > table format, TCP and UDP ports, their basic function, and any
    > associated W2k service(s) or Registry entries that can turn them on/off?

    Here's your ports:
    http://ports.tantalo.net/

    I don't know what you mean by "Registry entries that can turn them on/off"

    (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)

    Jimchip, Jun 28, 2003

  3. He means firewalling, and yes it can be done, google for firewall+windows.

    --
    Nathan D Higgins

    Website: http://nathan.link9.net/
    Email: nathan[at]link9[dot]net
    Host: http://www.link9.net
    MSN: nathan[at]link9[dot]net

    Nathan Higgins, Jun 29, 2003
  4. Xiccarph

    Xiccarph Guest

    Thank you gentlemen! Had a funny feeling this was the place to come to!
    Mike

    Xiccarph, Jun 30, 2003