    I have been using TCPview, but as this gives a live readout of connections
    with a 1 second refresh rate it is missing this short burst of activity.
    Thanks. I will let the group (ting) know what it turns out to be.

    anthonyberet, Sep 22, 2004

  2. anthonyberet

    Secret Guest

    anthonyberet wrote:

    > I need a utility to log connections to and from my win98se box.
    > - I have been running Netmeter, which is reporting a spike in upload
    > bandwidth at short regular intervals (every 10 mins or so). I have nothing
    > else running.
    > I have run all the usual spyware/trojan checks but I need to establish where
    > this small amount of data is being sent, as this will give a clue as to what
    > it is.
    > I have been using TCPview, but as this gives a live readout of connections
    > with a 1 second refresh rate it is missing this short burst of activity.
    > Thanks. I will let the group (ting) know what it turns out to be.

    If you use the Sygate firewall it logs connections under Logs/Traffic
    Logs.

    --
    Secret

    Secret, Sep 22, 2004

  3. anthonyberet

    Secret Guest

    Secret wrote:

    > anthonyberet wrote:
    >
    >> I need a utility to log connections to and from my win98se box.
    >> - I have been running Netmeter, which is reporting a spike in upload
    >> bandwidth at short regular intervals (every 10 mins or so). I have
    >> nothing
    >> else running.
    >> I have run all the usual spyware/trojan checks but I need to establish
    >> where
    >> this small amount of data is being sent, as this will give a clue as
    >> to what
    >> it is.
    >> I have been using TCPview, but as this gives a live readout of
    >> connections
    >> with a 1 second refresh rate it is missing this short burst of activity.
    >> Thanks. I will let the group (ting) know what it turns out to be.
    >>

    > If you use the Sygate firewall it logs connections under Logs/Traffic
    > Logs.

    Found a freeware program that might help
    http://www.brothersoft.com/Internet_Miscellaneous_Netmon_10658.html

    --
    Secret

    Secret, Sep 22, 2004
  4. anthonyberet

    xmp Guest

    Secret wrote:

    >>> I have been using TCPview, but as this gives a live readout of
    >>> connections
    >>> with a 1 second refresh rate it is missing this short burst of activity.
    >>> Thanks. I will let the group (ting) know what it turns out to be.

    Sysinternals has filemon, which shows file activity around that time.
    TDImon give you a list of stuff rather than an updating display like
    TCPview. You might also try a sniffer like Ethereal.

    michael

    xmp, Sep 22, 2004
  5. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    "Secret" <> wrote in message
    > Secret wrote:
    >
    > > anthonyberet wrote:
    > >
    > >> I need a utility to log connections to and from my win98se box.
    > >> - I have been running Netmeter, which is reporting a spike in upload
    > >> bandwidth at short regular intervals (every 10 mins or so). I have
    > >> nothing
    > >> else running.
    > >> I have run all the usual spyware/trojan checks but I need to establish
    > >> where
    > >> this small amount of data is being sent, as this will give a clue as
    > >> to what
    > >> it is.
    > >> I have been using TCPview, but as this gives a live readout of
    > >> connections
    > >> with a 1 second refresh rate it is missing this short burst of

    activity.
    > >> Thanks. I will let the group (ting) know what it turns out to be.
    > >>

    > > If you use the Sygate firewall it logs connections under Logs/Traffic
    > > Logs.
    > >

    > Found a freeware program that might help
    > http://www.brothersoft.com/Internet_Miscellaneous_Netmon_10658.html

    Thanks Secret - that is better at doing tcpview's job but doesn't log the
    traffic.
    The other one suggested by xmp is good, logs everything.
    At the moment it is showing some traffic which seems to be between my pc and
    router. (it also shows internet traffic so it is working ok).
    In the meantime I have run spybot search and destroy (I had actually
    neglected to run that one before - silly me).
    It found some bits and pieces seeming to be related to my logitech keyboard
    installation, and
    http://www.backweb.com/products/polite_sync_server/features_and_benefits.cfm
    Hopefully this has cleared it, I will let you know.

    anthonyberet, Sep 22, 2004
  6. Some ISPs install their own QOS (Quality of Service) software on your PC. My ISP is
    Roadrunner and I decided I didn't want their software on my PC so I uninstalled it.

    -paul

    Paul McFerrin, Sep 23, 2004
  7. anthonyberet

    Hammerer Guest

    "Paul McFerrin" <> top-posted in message

    > Some ISPs install their own QOS (Quality of Service) software on your PC.

    My ISP is
    > Roadrunner and I decided I didn't want their software on my PC so I

    uninstalled it.

    So there you have it, 'Tony the Hat'!

    Uninstall the crap your ISP installed behind your back, and your logging
    requirements will all be more than met. Wasn't it, like, obvious?!

    Hammerer, Sep 23, 2004
  8. anthonyberet

    lroberts Guest

    hammerer helps out with sarcastic sneering , shock horror!!!
    you should get out more! find pleasure somewhere!
    I'll send you some rose tinted specs meantime!

    lroberts, Sep 23, 2004
  9. anthonyberet

    Hammerer Guest

    "lroberts" <> wrote in message

    > hammerer helps out with sarcastic sneering , shock horror!!!
    > you should get out more! find pleasure somewhere!

    Caps-lock fucked, eh?! And thanks for the reply. Gave me a lot of pleasure.
    Heh.

    > I'll send you some rose tinted specs meantime!

    Thanks - but the illiterate, crazed responses are good enough. Respect!

    Hammerer, Sep 23, 2004
  10. anthonyberet

    helleng

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Here's a pretty good option. www _dot_ tcp-logger _dot_ com

    helleng, Dec 14, 2010