Tcp [rst]

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by mjb, Aug 14, 2008.

1. mjb

mjb

This is a weird problem that started when our IT department put in a new NetApp Array server. When a user is working from his home office, which has a adtran 340 dsl router w/ a vpn tunnel back to headquarters VPN 3000, and there is inactivity with any windows applications for 10 minutes exactly, a [RST] is received from this server, so it seems. I have wireshark on the laptop and it says it is coming from the server, but I also have wireshark running on the network side of the VPN 3000 concentrator and a I see a [RST] coming from my PC! So who is initiating the [RST]??

The problem we are running into is when the soho user clicks on a command prompt/IE/volume, and probably many other windows functions, it takes about 30 seconds to a minute for those applications to pull up. The reason being because the laptop still shows a 'established' connection to the netapp array server, it never recognized the TCP [RST]. I am not sure where my problem is, but I know that it is annoying to have to wait for 30 seconds just to pull up a command prompt.

Does this situation sound similiar to anything someone else has seen?
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
    mjb, Aug 14, 2008
    1. Advertising