    value.

    TIA.

    -S-
    Steve Freides, Nov 3, 2004

  2. Steve Freides

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:40:37 -0500, Steve Freides wrote:

    >After I ran TCP Optimizer, I seem to have run out of room to load
    >environmental variables I usually load on my machine via a Netware login
    >script. How I can restore this setting - when the machine logs in now -
    >I suspect it's an issue of, somewhere, allocating more than a default
    >value.

    Without knowing anything about the OS, as you didn't mention what it
    was.

    In config.sys, DOS to Win95 and maybe Win98
    SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM /E:4096 /P

    The environment size is /E:xxxx , I usually used increments of 256.

    Google for the many articles giving more detail.

    In Win2000 (most likely NT/XP as well) Control panel / System / Adv /
    Env Var / add /e:(required number) to the end of the comspec= line/

    Google for that as well.

    Me
    why?, Nov 3, 2004

  3. Sorry for not posting the OS - XP/Pro.

    Tried your suggestion (added /e:2048 to the comspec line), it did not
    solve the problem. I suspect this only matters to subsequent CMD
    sessions and not the boot process - just a guess.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Nov 3, 2004
  4. Steve Freides

    Pennywise Guest

    <> wrote:

    |>After I ran TCP Optimizer, I seem to have run out of room to load
    |>environmental variables I usually load on my machine via a Netware login
    |>script. How I can restore this setting - when the machine logs in now -
    |>I suspect it's an issue of, somewhere, allocating more than a default
    |>value.

    Try
    http://labmice.techtarget.com/scripting/variables.htm
    It's for WK2 but should answer some questions.
    Pennywise, Nov 3, 2004
  5. Steve Freides

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 13:12:57 -0500, Steve Freides wrote:

    >Sorry for not posting the OS - XP/Pro.
    >
    >Tried your suggestion (added /e:2048 to the comspec line), it did not
    >solve the problem. I suspect this only matters to subsequent CMD

    It's possible IIRC to set for individual CMD processes, for launching
    batch/cmd files.

    >sessions and not the boot process - just a guess.

    You could make it bigger, but generally in DOS/Win95 days don't make it
    huge as in over 8192, hence the 256 increment.

    A rough guide, from a cmd prompt do

    set > myset.txt

    then see what size the file is.

    I am fairly sure there are also scripts to maintain env vars from Novell
    scripts back to calling env.

    Don't for get online Novell support and www.google.com

    >-S-

    >> On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:40:37 -0500, Steve Freides wrote:
    >>
    >>>After I ran TCP Optimizer, I seem to have run out of room to load
    >>>environmental variables I usually load on my machine via a Netware
    >>>login
    >>>script. How I can restore this setting - when the machine logs in
    >>>now -
    >>>I suspect it's an issue of, somewhere, allocating more than a default
    >>>value.

    >> Without knowing anything about the OS, as you didn't mention what it
    >> was.
    >>
    >> In config.sys, DOS to Win95 and maybe Win98
    >> SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM /E:4096 /P
    >>
    >> The environment size is /E:xxxx , I usually used increments of 256.
    >>
    >> Google for the many articles giving more detail.
    >>
    >> In Win2000 (most likely NT/XP as well) Control panel / System / Adv /
    >> Env Var / add /e:(required number) to the end of the comspec= line/
    >>
    >> Google for that as well.
    >>
    >> Me

    Me
    why?, Nov 3, 2004