    Is there a permanent solution for this issue? I am tired of manually
    changing TCP/IP setting everytime I use my notebook at home and then at
    school.
    =?Utf-8?B?UEs=?=, Nov 19, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UEs=?=

    ANONYMOUS Guest

    You might need to reset your router to be in DHCP mode. Have you looked
    in the manual that came with your router? Check D_Link's webste for
    manual and updates:

    http://support.dlink.com/

    To reset your d-link router, you will need to use a small pin and insert
    it in the hole for about 10-15 seconds. This means all your settings
    would be lost but you will get DHCP working again. What is the
    make/model of your router?

    hth

    ANONYMOUS, Nov 19, 2005

  3. hi there,
    instead of wpa try wep and choose the option for windows to automatically
    configure you TCP/IP for you
    good luck
    armstrong
    =?Utf-8?B?YXJtc3Ryb25n?=, Nov 19, 2005
  4. "PK" <> wrote in message
    > Here's the scoop:
    > I have an Acer notebook with Broadcom wireless card and D-Link router. My
    > wireless connection works fine if no encryption is set. If I try to set up
    > WPA I get "limited connectivity" message. This happens wheter or not I
    > assign
    > my notebook an IP address on router, use MAC filtering, etc. etc.
    > Here's how I got it to work. I connected my notebook to a router using LAN
    > cable. Then I copied TCP/IP settings that worked for LAN connection. I
    > used
    > the same settings for a LAN card. Basically, there seems to be an issue
    > with
    > "DHCP" and XPSP2. I believe Microsoft issued a bulletin board on this.
    >
    > Is there a permanent solution for this issue? I am tired of manually
    > changing TCP/IP setting everytime I use my notebook at home and then at
    > school.

    WPA+PSK? Make sure your wireless card is capable of dealing with that and
    you enter the encryption key correctly.
    Make sure DHCP is enabled on your router (or server, depending on what you
    use).
    MAC filtering is not terribly useful, although it can't hurt as an
    additional preventive measure.
    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Nov 20, 2005