    connection depending on the wireless signal I'm connected to?

    Thanks in advance!

    , Apr 19, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > I often change the wireless network I'm connected to, but like to have
    > a static IP address when I'm at home so I can keep bittorrent running
    > smoothly. However, if I go to TCP/IP settings for my "Wireless Network
    > Connection" it keeps those settings for all wireless signals.
    >
    > Is there anyway to have different TCP/IP settings for my wireless
    > connection depending on the wireless signal I'm connected to?

    Leave it set for DHCP?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 19, 2007

  3. gabeg Guest

    On Apr 18, 9:33 pm, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I often change the wireless network I'm connected to, but like to have
    > > a static IP address when I'm at home so I can keep bittorrent running
    > > smoothly. However, if I go to TCP/IP settings for my "Wireless Network
    > > Connection" it keeps those settings for all wireless signals.

    > > Is there anyway to have different TCP/IP settings for my wireless
    > > connection depending on the wireless signal I'm connected to?

    > Leave it set for DHCP?

    I have port forwarding set for a certain IP on my home router, which
    is the reason I want to keep my static IP at home, but leave it as
    DHCP when I'm connected to different wireless signals. I hope this
    makes sense?

    gabeg, Apr 19, 2007
  4. Evan Platt Guest

    On 18 Apr 2007 18:27:54 -0700, wrote:

    >I often change the wireless network I'm connected to, but like to have
    >a static IP address when I'm at home so I can keep bittorrent running
    >smoothly. However, if I go to TCP/IP settings for my "Wireless Network
    >Connection" it keeps those settings for all wireless signals.
    >
    >Is there anyway to have different TCP/IP settings for my wireless
    >connection depending on the wireless signal I'm connected to?
    >
    >Thanks in advance!

    Your Wireless router should be able to give you a 'static' DHCP
    address based on your wireless MAC.

    Evan Platt, Apr 19, 2007
  5. gabeg wrote:
    > On Apr 18, 9:33 pm, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >>Leave it set for DHCP?

    > I have port forwarding set for a certain IP on my home router, which
    > is the reason I want to keep my static IP at home, but leave it as
    > DHCP when I'm connected to different wireless signals. I hope this
    > makes sense?

    What you want seems to be mutually exclusive, but I've never tried to
    accomplish that. Maybe someone has the perfect answer for you, but it
    ain't me.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 19, 2007
  6. why? Guest

    On 18 Apr 2007 18:27:54 -0700, wrote:

    >I often change the wireless network I'm connected to, but like to have
    >a static IP address when I'm at home so I can keep bittorrent running
    >smoothly. However, if I go to TCP/IP settings for my "Wireless Network
    >Connection" it keeps those settings for all wireless signals.
    >
    >Is there anyway to have different TCP/IP settings for my wireless
    >connection depending on the wireless signal I'm connected to?

    Do you mean like reading past posts in 24HSHD
    and finding the mention of netswitcher as an answer to very similar
    questions.

    I haven't used the wireless manager bit yet.

    >Thanks in advance!

    Me

    why?, Apr 19, 2007
  7. gabeg Guest

    On Apr 19, 1:35 am, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    > On 18 Apr 2007 18:27:54 -0700, wrote:
    >
    > >I often change the wireless network I'm connected to, but like to have
    > >a static IP address when I'm at home so I can keep bittorrent running
    > >smoothly. However, if I go to TCP/IP settings for my "Wireless Network
    > >Connection" it keeps those settings for all wireless signals.

    > >Is there anyway to have different TCP/IP settings for my wireless
    > >connection depending on the wireless signal I'm connected to?

    > Do you mean like reading past posts in 24HSHDhttp://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/topics
    > and finding the mention of netswitcher as an answer to very similar
    > questions.
    >
    > I haven't used the wireless manager bit yet.
    >
    > >Thanks in advance!

    > Me

    I tried the software but it doesn't automate the task based on
    wireless SSID. I still have to manually switch profiles so it seems
    kind of pointless.

    gabeg, Apr 20, 2007
  8. why? Guest

    On 19 Apr 2007 19:16:57 -0700, gabeg wrote:

    >On Apr 19, 1:35 am, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >> On 18 Apr 2007 18:27:54 -0700, wrote:
    >>
    >> >I often change the wireless network I'm connected to, but like to have
    >> >a static IP address when I'm at home so I can keep bittorrent running
    >> >smoothly. However, if I go to TCP/IP settings for my "Wireless Network
    >> >Connection" it keeps those settings for all wireless signals.

    >> >Is there anyway to have different TCP/IP settings for my wireless
    >> >connection depending on the wireless signal I'm connected to?

    >> Do you mean like reading past posts in 24HSHDhttp://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/topics
    >> and finding the mention of netswitcher as an answer to very similar

    <snip>

    >> Me

    >I tried the software but it doesn't automate the task based on
    >wireless SSID. I still have to manually switch profiles so it seems

    It would do that how? Once you figure that out submit a request to the
    author.

    Having to switch profiles doesn't appear to be a problem, at least all
    the info is there to switch between.

    >kind of pointless.

    Me

    why?, Apr 20, 2007