    like to use Bluetooth since all the laptops would be in the
    same room.

    *TimDaniels*
    Timothy Daniels, Feb 2, 2008

  2. Timothy Daniels

    Mr. Strat Guest

    In article <47a4fdad$0$30705$>, Timothy Daniels
    <> wrote:

    > Can TCP/IP be run over Bluetooth in Vista?
    > I'd like to use Bluetooth for simulating the Internet "cloud"
    > while developing server-client and server-server TCP/IP
    > communications without a router for college projects. I
    > have a few laptops that are Bluetooth enabled, and I'd
    > like to use Bluetooth since all the laptops would be in the
    > same room.

    Greatly simplified, think of Bluetooth as wireless USB.
    Mr. Strat, Feb 3, 2008

  3. "Mr. Strat" wrote:
    > Timothy Daniels wrote:
    >
    >> Can TCP/IP be run over Bluetooth in Vista?
    >> I'd like to use Bluetooth for simulating the Internet "cloud"
    >> while developing server-client and server-server TCP/IP
    >> communications without a router for college projects. I
    >> have a few laptops that are Bluetooth enabled, and I'd
    >> like to use Bluetooth since all the laptops would be in the
    >> same room.

    > Greatly simplified, think of Bluetooth as wireless USB.

    Coincidentally, I notice that UCLA Extension will be offering
    a course in May titled "IP Ad Hoc Networking". It involves IP
    communication over interconnected Bluetooth "piconets" called
    "scatternets". Tuition for the 3-day course - $1,800. <groan>
    Apparently what I'd like to do has been the subject of DARPA-
    funded research for the past decade.

    *TimDaniels*
    Timothy Daniels, Feb 3, 2008