tcp/ip concurrent connects imposed ??

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Fred C, Aug 3, 2006.

  1. Fred C

    Fred C Guest

    I kep getting dosconnected from the eb, after a couple of Hours or so, with
    the Event of ''You have passed the TCP/IP limit imposed and that
    ''concurrent connections allowed to connect'' is exceeded or reached ...
    ALSO the event Viewers next event is this ...cannot allocate resources from
    the nonpaged pool because the pool is empty'' .. this is after the
    concurrent TCP/IP limit thing, and then ''every'' app ceases to be able to
    be initialized ??

    Well, obviously i have googled and it is not a Symantec problem as i have
    Bullguard as my firewall... OK i have only 160mb of RAM but i do not think
    it is a RAM issue.

    I have xp pro sp2, a compaq deskpro 650mhz computer, has any1 got any other
    idas as to why i am being disconnected for a ''limit'' ? imposed on the
    amount of ''concurrent connections allowed to connect''

    I d have Bitcomet - a torrent - client running, i dont think its the problem
    though, as this has NEVER happened before, this is a newly reinstalled PC,
    and i dont really wanna reinstall again, so any clues please - Thanks FRED

    Fred C, Aug 3, 2006

  2. Fred C

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Fred C wrote:
    > I kep getting dosconnected from the eb, after a couple of Hours or so, with
    > the Event of ''You have passed the TCP/IP limit imposed and that
    > ''concurrent connections allowed to connect'' is exceeded or reached ...
    > ALSO the event Viewers next event is this ...cannot allocate resources from
    > the nonpaged pool because the pool is empty'' .. this is after the
    > concurrent TCP/IP limit thing, and then ''every'' app ceases to be able to
    > be initialized ??
    >
    > Well, obviously i have googled and it is not a Symantec problem as i have
    > Bullguard as my firewall... OK i have only 160mb of RAM but i do not think
    > it is a RAM issue.
    >
    > I have xp pro sp2, a compaq deskpro 650mhz computer, has any1 got any other
    > idas as to why i am being disconnected for a ''limit'' ? imposed on the
    > amount of ''concurrent connections allowed to connect''
    >
    > I d have Bitcomet - a torrent - client running, i dont think its the problem
    > though, as this has NEVER happened before, this is a newly reinstalled PC,
    > and i dont really wanna reinstall again, so any clues please - Thanks FRED

    Your problem is something is connecting to your machine inbound or your
    machine has something that is connecting outbound on the TCP/IP. The max
    number of concurrent connections on XP Home is 5. The max is 10
    concurrent connections on XP Pro.

    Maybe, you have some kind of malware running that you don't know about.
    You can use Ethereal a packet sniffer to see if packets or traffic is
    leaving the machine to remote IP(s) that you don't know about.

    You can also use Active Ports or TCPView and see if there are
    connections on ports to remote IP(s) you don't know about.

    The solutions are all free solutions.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Aug 4, 2006

  3. Fred C

    bambam Guest

    On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 16:27:08 +0000, Fred C wrote:

    > I kep getting dosconnected from the eb, after a couple of Hours or so, with
    > the Event of ''You have passed the TCP/IP limit imposed and that
    > ''concurrent connections allowed to connect'' is exceeded or reached ...
    > ALSO the event Viewers next event is this ...cannot allocate resources from
    > the nonpaged pool because the pool is empty'' .. this is after the
    > concurrent TCP/IP limit thing, and then ''every'' app ceases to be able to
    > be initialized ??
    >
    > Well, obviously i have googled and it is not a Symantec problem as i have
    > Bullguard as my firewall... OK i have only 160mb of RAM but i do not think
    > it is a RAM issue.
    >
    > I have xp pro sp2, a compaq deskpro 650mhz computer, has any1 got any other
    > idas as to why i am being disconnected for a ''limit'' ? imposed on the
    > amount of ''concurrent connections allowed to connect''
    >
    > I d have Bitcomet - a torrent - client running, i dont think its the problem
    > though, as this has NEVER happened before, this is a newly reinstalled PC,
    > and i dont really wanna reinstall again, so any clues please - Thanks FRED

    This might help-

    <Paste>

    Event ID 4226 Patcher (4226 fix)

    What's this all about?
    After almost everybody knows the <<EventID 4226: TCP/IP has reached the
    security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts>>,
    I used a day to create for educational purpose a fix for this
    argumentative feature.

    <Paste>

    http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=tools

    bambam, Aug 4, 2006