TC-E2 + TCON 17 on a Coolpix?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by AirBete, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. AirBete

    AirBete Guest

    Hi all,

    It looks like the reviews of the Olympus TCON 17 lens are quite good. It is
    affordable, bright and offers good image quality. Moreover, since it has a
    large 55mm thread it is very likely that I'll reused it when I upgrade from
    my Coolpix 995 to another digicam (which is not necessarily the case with
    28mm lenses like the TC-E3).

    I already have the TC-E2 and I'm thinking about adding another teleconverter
    on top of it to get a little more punch. But I don't want to sacrifice (too
    much) on quality. Apparently the TCON 17 would give me a decent 3.4X combo
    (I'll have to use a 62mm->55mm step-down ring).

    Can any of you comment on the quality of that combo? Is the image sharp from
    corner to corner? What vignetting do you get? What portion of the zoom
    range is useable? How about CA?

    Thank you.

    AB.
    --
    email: insert full between air and bete.

    AirBete, Jul 22, 2003