    --
    Herb
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/herbwx/index.html

    Herb, Mar 28, 2005

  2. Herb wrote:
    > *Have asked similar question here before but forgot the recommended
    > solution:
    >
    > In T-Bird Newsgroups I read everything of interest and then "MARK ALL
    > READ" before exiting. Then, when I next login to T-Bird, I'll see some
    > outrageous large bolded number of messages ... which grows larger over
    > time in a particular NG with each day's login ... example at login: 618
    > (bolded number -- assumingly unread). Then, when I click onto that NG,
    > it shows the real amount of unread msgs only, which is generally a
    > number less than 20 depending on NG activity. My question is: How do I
    > get rid of this excessively laarge bolded number and see the REAL amount
    > of unread msgs in a particular NG when I first login.*

    First of all, try deleting the msf file in your profile that is
    associated with the problem group. It will be rebuilt when you restart
    TB, and may clear your problem.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Mar 28, 2005

  3. Herb

    Herb Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > Herb wrote:
    >
    >> *Have asked similar question here before but forgot the recommended
    >> solution:
    >>
    >> In T-Bird Newsgroups I read everything of interest and then "MARK ALL
    >> READ" before exiting. Then, when I next login to T-Bird, I'll see
    >> some outrageous large bolded number of messages ... which grows
    >> larger over time in a particular NG with each day's login ... example
    >> at login: 618 (bolded number -- assumingly unread). Then, when I
    >> click onto that NG, it shows the real amount of unread msgs only,
    >> which is generally a number less than 20 depending on NG activity.
    >> My question is: How do I get rid of this excessively laarge bolded
    >> number and see the REAL amount of unread msgs in a particular NG when
    >> I first login.*
    >>

    > First of all, try deleting the msf file in your profile that is
    > associated with the problem group. It will be rebuilt when you
    > restart TB, and may clear your problem.
    >
    > Lee

    Thanx Lee, I'll do this -- as I recall that was the recommended
    solution. But over time, this number has grown again to 600+.

    --Herb

    Herb, Mar 28, 2005
  4. Herb

    Moz Champion Guest

    Herb wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Herb wrote:
    >>
    >>> *Have asked similar question here before but forgot the recommended
    >>> solution:
    >>>
    >>> In T-Bird Newsgroups I read everything of interest and then "MARK ALL
    >>> READ" before exiting. Then, when I next login to T-Bird, I'll see
    >>> some outrageous large bolded number of messages ... which grows
    >>> larger over time in a particular NG with each day's login ... example
    >>> at login: 618 (bolded number -- assumingly unread). Then, when I
    >>> click onto that NG, it shows the real amount of unread msgs only,
    >>> which is generally a number less than 20 depending on NG activity.
    >>> My question is: How do I get rid of this excessively laarge bolded
    >>> number and see the REAL amount of unread msgs in a particular NG when
    >>> I first login.*
    >>>

    >> First of all, try deleting the msf file in your profile that is
    >> associated with the problem group. It will be rebuilt when you
    >> restart TB, and may clear your problem.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Thanx Lee, I'll do this -- as I recall that was the recommended
    > solution. But over time, this number has grown again to 600+.
    >
    > --Herb

    Question:
    Are you online when you mark messages as read?

    Moz Champion, Mar 29, 2005
  5. Herb

    Herb Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:

    > Herb wrote:

    >>> First of all, try deleting the msf file in your profile that is
    >>> associated with the problem group. It will be rebuilt when you
    >>> restart TB, and may clear your problem.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> Thanx Lee, I'll do this -- as I recall that was the recommended
    >> solution. But over time, this number has grown again to 600+.
    >>
    >> --Herb

    > Question:
    > Are you online when you mark messages as read?

    Yes, online.

    Herb, Mar 29, 2005