    have access to both address books without combining them into one. XP
    Home on laptop and Pro on desktop both with SP2. How can I do that?
    RogerB
    RogerB, May 26, 2005

  2. RogerB

    Jefry Guest

    RogerB wrote:
    > I have 2 computers each of which use Thunderbird and each has their own
    > address book. When I use the laptop away from my desktop I would like to
    > have access to both address books without combining them into one. XP
    > Home on laptop and Pro on desktop both with SP2. How can I do that?
    > RogerB

    Very simple! Export the address books from each of their respective
    sources; open the address book > 'Tools' > 'Export' > choose a name that
    reflects the origin and save as ldif. Then simply import the address
    book into your portable- open the address book in your laptop, then
    'Tools' > 'Import' > 'Address Books' > 'Text file' > select the location
    where you exported it to, and PRESTO! Each will have a name that
    specifies its' source, and you will have access to them both! I use this
    very method to keep my Tbird and webmail address books up to dat with
    each other. Enjoy!
    Jefry, May 27, 2005