    WTF!!!!!!!!!

    First the microwave oven goes, now this!!!

    Thanks for help!

    KDG, Jul 25, 2006

  2. KDG

    gwtc Guest

    KDG wrote:
    > This is what I saw this morning when trying to get my email from Tbird
    > v 1.0:
    >
    > "Unable to write email to the mail box. Make sure the file system
    > allows you write privelages & you have enough disk space to copy the
    > mail box."
    >
    > WTF!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > First the microwave oven goes, now this!!!
    >
    > Thanks for help!

    The relationship between the microwave and TB could be the cause of
    your problems ;-)

    Anyways, close the program, and using your file manager, locate the
    mail section of your TB profile. The profile contains all your
    settings, mail, passwords, etc. Inside, you will find some files that
    end in *.msf. Once found, delete them. Now restart TB. Does this work?

    To find your TB profile, you can read this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#locate

    but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    --
    So, You Think You Know Everything?

    Did you know that Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear
    until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age.

    gwtc, Jul 25, 2006

  3. KDG

    KDG Guest

    I did it and now Tbird just sits there and tries to log in to no
    avail.
    Any more suggestions?

    Thanks.

    KDG, Jul 25, 2006
  4. KDG

    gwtc Guest

    KDG wrote:
    > I did it and now Tbird just sits there and tries to log in to no
    > avail.
    > Any more suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 08:16:56 -0700, gwtc <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> KDG wrote:
    >>> This is what I saw this morning when trying to get my email from Tbird
    >>> v 1.0:
    >>>
    >>> "Unable to write email to the mail box. Make sure the file system
    >>> allows you write privelages & you have enough disk space to copy the
    >>> mail box."
    >>>
    >>> WTF!!!!!!!!!
    >>>
    >>> First the microwave oven goes, now this!!!
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for help!

    >> The relationship between the microwave and TB could be the cause of
    >> your problems ;-)
    >>
    >> Anyways, close the program, and using your file manager, locate the
    >> mail section of your TB profile. The profile contains all your
    >> settings, mail, passwords, etc. Inside, you will find some files that
    >> end in *.msf. Once found, delete them. Now restart TB. Does this work?
    >>
    >> To find your TB profile, you can read this:
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#locate
    >>
    >> but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    Did did the deleting with the program close, right? Thats very
    important. And you only deleted the *.msf files, right, and nothing
    else, right?

    gwtc, Jul 25, 2006
  5. gwtc wrote:
    > KDG wrote:
    >> I did it and now Tbird just sits there and tries to log in to no
    >> avail.
    >> Any more suggestions?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >> On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 08:16:56 -0700, gwtc <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> The relationship between the microwave and TB could be the cause of
    >>> your problems ;-)
    >>>
    >>> Anyways, close the program, and using your file manager, locate the
    >>> mail section of your TB profile. The profile contains all your
    >>> settings, mail, passwords, etc. Inside, you will find some files
    >>> that end in *.msf. Once found, delete them. Now restart TB. Does
    >>> this work?
    >>>
    >>> To find your TB profile, you can read this:
    >>> http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#locate
    >>>
    >>> but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx
    >>>

    > Did did the deleting with the program close, right? Thats very
    > important. And you only deleted the *.msf files, right, and nothing
    > else, right?

    That error could also be a stuck message on the server.

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Jul 26, 2006
  6. KDG

    gwtc Guest

    Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> KDG wrote:
    >>> I did it and now Tbird just sits there and tries to log in to no
    >>> avail.
    >>> Any more suggestions?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.

    >> Did did the deleting with the program close, right? Thats very
    >> important. And you only deleted the *.msf files, right, and nothing
    >> else, right?
    >>

    > That error could also be a stuck message on the server.

    in all the times that I have used Netscape, Mozilla Suite, and now
    SeaMonkey, I've never encountered that problem, and I get over 200
    spams a day.

    --
    So, You Think You Know Everything?

    Guess Who came before Who.

    gwtc, Jul 26, 2006
  7. KDG

    Doug G Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> Did did the deleting with the program close, right? Thats very
    >>> important. And you only deleted the *.msf files, right, and nothing
    >>> else, right?
    >>>

    >> That error could also be a stuck message on the server.

    > in all the times that I have used Netscape, Mozilla Suite, and now
    > SeaMonkey, I've never encountered that problem, and I get over 200
    > spams a day.

    I used to get stuck messages on Comcast's mail server but not lately.
    They seem to have fixed the problem.

    Doug G, Jul 26, 2006
  8. gwtc wrote:
    > Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> Did did the deleting with the program close, right? Thats very
    >>> important. And you only deleted the *.msf files, right, and nothing
    >>> else, right?
    >>>

    >> That error could also be a stuck message on the server.

    > in all the times that I have used Netscape, Mozilla Suite, and now
    > SeaMonkey, I've never encountered that problem, and I get over 200 spams
    > a day.

    Ran into it once. NOTHING I could do on my computer worked. The only
    means of clearing it was getting my ISP to clear the message out of the
    mailbox. I had actually called the ISP because it wasnt clear what
    settings to use for telenetting in - and when I told them why, they said
    they could do it for me - poof - by the time I was off the phone, the
    problem was gone.

    Of course you dont see it often, because it means the spam (in which it
    is usually contained) DOESNT get through! So spammers tend to avoid
    using such, as it is counter to their purpose... they want you to see
    the message, NOT have it stuck in your mail box!

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Jul 27, 2006