    information and it works.

    I'd like to get rid of the hassle, though. Any ideas/suggestions?

    Chuck

    Gualtier Malde, Aug 27, 2007

  2. Gualtier Malde wrote:
    > I am using Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 in Windows 2000. I am responsible for a monthly
    > newsletter for an organization, which I compose in HTML in Thunderbird. I get
    > information over each month and "build" the newsletter in stages, saving each
    > time.
    >
    > Occasionally I will add something, like a link, or graphic, or even text (I
    > think) and when I go to save it I get a message that it can't be saved. This is
    > happening more all the time. I can go back and erase what I think is the
    > offending item and it may save OK and I even think I have replaced the same
    > information and it works.
    >
    > I'd like to get rid of the hassle, though. Any ideas/suggestions?
    >
    > Chuck

    close the program, and delete the file *.msf from the Mail
    section of the TB profile.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 27, 2007

  3. Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Gualtier Malde wrote:
    >> I am using Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 in Windows 2000. I am responsible for
    >> a monthly newsletter for an organization, which I compose in HTML in
    >> Thunderbird. I get information over each month and "build" the
    >> newsletter in stages, saving each time.
    >>
    >> Occasionally I will add something, like a link, or graphic, or even
    >> text (I think) and when I go to save it I get a message that it can't
    >> be saved. This is happening more all the time. I can go back and
    >> erase what I think is the offending item and it may save OK and I even
    >> think I have replaced the same information and it works.
    >>
    >> I'd like to get rid of the hassle, though. Any ideas/suggestions?
    >>
    >> Chuck

    > close the program, and delete the file *.msf from the Mail section of
    > the TB profile.

    Thank you, Mr. Potamus. I'll keep this for next time. btw: what does .msf mean?

    Chuck

    Gualtier Malde, Aug 31, 2007
  4. Gualtier Malde wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Gualtier Malde wrote:
    >>> I am using Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 in Windows 2000. I am responsible for
    >>> a monthly newsletter for an organization, which I compose in HTML in
    >>> Thunderbird. I get information over each month and "build" the
    >>> newsletter in stages, saving each time.
    >>>
    >>> Occasionally I will add something, like a link, or graphic, or even
    >>> text (I think) and when I go to save it I get a message that it can't
    >>> be saved. This is happening more all the time. I can go back and
    >>> erase what I think is the offending item and it may save OK and I even
    >>> think I have replaced the same information and it works.
    >>>
    >>> I'd like to get rid of the hassle, though. Any ideas/suggestions?
    >>>
    >>> Chuck

    >> close the program, and delete the file *.msf from the Mail section of
    >> the TB profile.
    >>

    > Thank you, Mr. Potamus. I'll keep this for next time. btw: what does .msf mean?
    >
    > Chuck

    I don't know what it means, but those files are indexing
    files. They tell the program which way things are sorted,
    which messages have been tagged and flagged. Which messages
    are marked as priority, whats the size of the message, and
    many other things. They don't contain the messages
    themselves. When you delete the .msf files, then you have
    to reset all those settings. And if you deleted them from
    newsgroups, then you'll end up having to re-download all the
    messages again.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 31, 2007
  5. Gualtier Malde

    Doug G Guest

    http://filext.com/file-extension/msf

    Doug G, Aug 31, 2007
  6. Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Gualtier Malde wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> close the program, and delete the file *.msf from the Mail section of
    >>> the TB profile.
    >>>

    >> Thank you, Mr. Potamus. I'll keep this for next time. btw: what does
    >> .msf mean?
    >>
    >> Chuck

    > I don't know what it means, but those files are indexing files. They
    > tell the program which way things are sorted, which messages have been
    > tagged and flagged. Which messages are marked as priority, whats the
    > size of the message, and many other things. They don't contain the
    > messages themselves. When you delete the .msf files, then you have to
    > reset all those settings. And if you deleted them from newsgroups, then
    > you'll end up having to re-download all the messages again.

    Thanks. That's what I wanted: a means for deciding importance of one over the
    other. Losing all tags and labels would be a nuisance so I'll try harder to
    make things work, but this is a good "desperation tool".

    Gualtier Malde, Sep 1, 2007
  7. Doug G wrote:
    > Gualtier Malde wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> close the program, and delete the file *.msf from the Mail section of
    >>> the TB profile.
    >>>

    >> Thank you, Mr. Potamus. I'll keep this for next time. btw: what does
    >> .msf mean?
    >>
    >> Chuck

    > http://filext.com/file-extension/msf

    Beautiful web site and now a permanent bookmark. Thank you.

    Gualtier Malde, Sep 1, 2007
  8. Gualtier Malde wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Gualtier Malde wrote:

    >>> Thank you, Mr. Potamus. I'll keep this for next time. btw: what does
    >>> .msf mean?
    >>>
    >>> Chuck

    >> I don't know what it means, but those files are indexing files. They
    >> tell the program which way things are sorted, which messages have been
    >> tagged and flagged. Which messages are marked as priority, whats the
    >> size of the message, and many other things. They don't contain the
    >> messages themselves. When you delete the .msf files, then you have to
    >> reset all those settings. And if you deleted them from newsgroups, then
    >> you'll end up having to re-download all the messages again.
    >>

    > Thanks. That's what I wanted: a means for deciding importance of one over the
    > other. Losing all tags and labels would be a nuisance so I'll try harder to
    > make things work, but this is a good "desperation tool".

    "try harder to make things work" -- Hey, the msf file can
    become corrupt at any time, and without notice. Deleting
    them is the only way to fix them.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 1, 2007