    a way to do that?

    Thanks

    dj tuchler

    Dennis J. Tuchler, Aug 10, 2005

  2. Dennis J. Tuchler

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
    > I use T'bird at home and at the office. I would like to merge the two
    > address books and then use the same book at each work station. Is there
    > a way to do that?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > dj tuchler

    Export both to either LDIF or CSV files, import both into Excel, merge,
    purge dupes etc., save, import merged file back to each profile.

    Doesn't solve the issue of synchronization, though. You'll have to
    periodically do the same routine to keep them in sync. but if you do it
    regularly you'll minimize the hassle.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Aug 10, 2005

  3. Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
    >
    >> I use T'bird at home and at the office. I would like to merge the two
    >> address books and then use the same book at each work station. Is
    >> there a way to do that?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> dj tuchler

    > Export both to either LDIF or CSV files, import both into Excel, merge,
    > purge dupes etc., save, import merged file back to each profile.
    >
    > Doesn't solve the issue of synchronization, though. You'll have to
    > periodically do the same routine to keep them in sync. but if you do it
    > regularly you'll minimize the hassle.

    Thanks for your solution to my problem! I suppose I could do the same
    thing with Open Office org (LInux).

    dj tuchler

    Dennis J. Tuchler, Aug 11, 2005