TB, Sunbird, and the dreaded Pocket PC - OpenSource help needed!

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Kneewax, Oct 13, 2004.

  1. Kneewax

    Kneewax Guest

    When I recently left my place of work to go back to college to retrain
    they gave me a Pocket PC 2003 based PDA. A nice present. However I had
    just decided to drop all M$ products (except Windoze for now)in favour
    of the better OpenSource alternatives.

    This leads me to have an issue in making good use of the PDA. Without
    giving in and installing Outlook it would appear I cannot sync mail or
    diary info to my PDA. This I really do not want to do.

    Is there anyway anyone can tell me to fool Pocket PC and ActiveSync
    (ugh!) into syncing with Thunderbird and Sunbird.

    Or if not as the calendar is the most crucial element I need if there
    are alternatives that will sync with a pocket pc I'd be grateful for the
    info.

    I am happy to think out the box any helpful suggestions much appreciated.

    Ta
    Kneewax
    Kneewax, Oct 13, 2004

  2. Kneewax

    Galen Guest

    I see in the road map for the Mozilla Sunbird calendar that there's a
    program that synchs it with Palm PDAs, but the Pocket PC implementation
    is set for quite a long way ahead - V2, I recall. Pity, I'm in the same
    position as you.

    --
    Regards,

    Bob

    Remove "x" from address to reply by email.
    Galen, Oct 13, 2004