    how I can retain all read messages, I would like to know.
    Thanks,
    Frank

    Frank, Sep 19, 2007

  2. Frank wrote:
    > In some ng's my read messages are deleted and in some they are retained.
    > I cannot figure out what I did to make this difference. If anyone knows
    > how I can retain all read messages, I would like to know.
    > Thanks,
    > Frank

    have you created a filter for that newsgroup? Click on
    Tools, Message Filters and take a look.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 19, 2007

  3. Frank wrote:
    > In some ng's my read messages are deleted and in some they are retained.
    > I cannot figure out what I did to make this difference. If anyone knows
    > how I can retain all read messages, I would like to know.

    My guess is your usenet service provider uses different retention policies for
    different newsgroups.

    By default Thunderbird uses the server default retention policy, which you can
    configure by right-clicking on a newsgroup in the folders view and then
    clicking on properties. Go to the "Retention Policy" tab to see (and change)
    how Thunderbird handles old messages.

    --
    Miguel

    Miguel Guedes, Sep 19, 2007
  4. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Miguel Guedes wrote:
    > Frank wrote:
    >> In some ng's my read messages are deleted and in some they are retained.
    >> I cannot figure out what I did to make this difference. If anyone knows
    >> how I can retain all read messages, I would like to know.

    > My guess is your usenet service provider uses different retention policies for
    > different newsgroups.
    >
    > By default Thunderbird uses the server default retention policy, which you can
    > configure by right-clicking on a newsgroup in the folders view and then
    > clicking on properties. Go to the "Retention Policy" tab to see (and change)
    > how Thunderbird handles old messages.
    >
    > --
    > Miguel

    Thanks, that appears to be problem. I clicked off server defaults and
    told not to delete. TB help had been no help.

    Frank

    Frank, Sep 19, 2007