    I don't want to lose the news already discharged, because I want to read
    them "offline", as I have already set.
    Thank you all.
    fm2766, Feb 1, 2008

  2. fm2766 wrote:
    > For a mistake, in reading a newsgroup with TB, I answered "no" in
    > downloading new news.
    > Now I need the new news, but I can't download them.
    > Is there any way to recover them?
    > I don't want to lose the news already discharged, because I want to read
    > them "offline", as I have already set.
    > Thank you all.

    close the program, then delete the *.msf file for that
    newsgroup, which is located in the news section of the TB
    profile.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Feb 1, 2008

  3. fm2766

    fm2766 Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo ha scritto:
    > close the program, then delete the *.msf file for that newsgroup, which
    > is located in the news section of the TB profile.

    Thank you for your reply. But I still have a doubt.
    I have highlighted some old messages with "important".
    Acting as you suggest, will I lose these highlights?
    fm2766, Feb 1, 2008
  4. fm2766 wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo ha scritto:
    >> close the program, then delete the *.msf file for that newsgroup, which
    >> is located in the news section of the TB profile.

    > Thank you for your reply. But I still have a doubt.
    > I have highlighted some old messages with "important".
    > Acting as you suggest, will I lose these highlights?

    the .msf files contains info such as which way things are
    threaded, which messages are tagged, which ones are marked
    as flagged, and so forth.

    So, if you want to solve your problem, you need to remove
    the .msf files. If you do, then yes, you will lose your
    settings.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Feb 1, 2008
  5. fm2766

    fm2766 Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo ha scritto:
    > fm2766 wrote:
    >> I have highlighted some old messages with "important".
    >> Acting as you suggest, will I lose these highlights?

    > the .msf files contains info such as which way things are threaded,
    > which messages are tagged, which ones are marked as flagged, and so forth.
    > So, if you want to solve your problem, you need to remove the .msf
    > files. If you do, then yes, you will lose your settings.

    Thank you again.
    I suppose I'll keep my settings, so I'll lose messages I have not
    downloaded.
    Nevertheless, your answer helped me.
    fm2766, Feb 1, 2008