TB address book's file name?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Captain Crunch, Jan 12, 2005.

  1. I use TB 1.0 as my email client. I'd like to backup its address book,
    but I cannot find the file. Does anyone here know the file's name?

    Captain Crunch, Jan 12, 2005

  2. Captain Crunch wrote:
    > I use TB 1.0 as my email client. I'd like to backup its address book,
    > but I cannot find the file. Does anyone here know the file's name?

    Yes.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 12, 2005

  3. Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Captain Crunch wrote:
    >
    >> I use TB 1.0 as my email client. I'd like to backup its address book,
    >> but I cannot find the file. Does anyone here know the file's name?

    > Yes.
    >
    > Lee

    Oh, you mean you wanted me to tell you! ;)

    abook.mab

    I'm sorry, its been a long day! :)

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 12, 2005
  4. On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:23:11 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>

    Captain Crunch, Jan 13, 2005
  5. On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:23:11 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>

    Captain Crunch, Jan 13, 2005
  6. On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:23:11 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    wrote:

    >Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Captain Crunch wrote:
    >>
    >>> I use TB 1.0 as my email client. I'd like to backup its address book,
    >>> but I cannot find the file. Does anyone here know the file's name?

    >> Yes.
    >>
    >> Lee

    >Oh, you mean you wanted me to tell you! ;)
    >
    >abook.mab
    >
    >I'm sorry, its been a long day! :)
    >
    >Lee

    Thanks Lee, excuse my ambiguity!

    Captain Crunch, Jan 13, 2005
  7. Captain Crunch wrote:
    > On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:23:11 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    > wrote:

    >>>Yes.
    >>>
    >>>Lee

    >>Oh, you mean you wanted me to tell you! ;)
    >>
    >>abook.mab
    >>
    >>I'm sorry, its been a long day! :)
    >>
    >>Lee

    > Thanks Lee, excuse my ambiguity!

    I'm sorry, I was tired, and I just couldn't resist.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 13, 2005
  8. > abook.mab

    Yes, but which one? I still cannot understand the logic behind TB's
    profiles. If I look for abook.mab on my system (linux RH9), I get three
    candidates:

    [tguignar@lemapc77 tguignar]$ locate abook.mab
    /home/tguignar/.mozilla/default/foqp86n4.slt/abook.mab
    /home/tguignar/.thunderbird/default/kktv0807.slt/abook.mab
    /home/tguignar/.thunderbird/Thomas/i4njqw4z.slt/abook.mab

    The second one is the right one (the other two are empty), something I
    can guess by looking into them. But what if I want to write an extension
    that syncs the adress book with one on a server (to achieve a
    centralized adress book)? How can I know which profile is used? What is
    this kktv0807.slt crap?

    (I hope you'll appreciate the direct questions... :)

    Thanks,
    T.

    --
    Thomas Guignard
    Laboratory of Electromagnetics and Acoustics

    Thomas Guignard, Jan 13, 2005
  9. Thomas Guignard wrote:
    >> abook.mab

    > Yes, but which one? I still cannot understand the logic behind TB's
    > profiles. If I look for abook.mab on my system (linux RH9), I get three
    > candidates:
    >
    > [tguignar@lemapc77 tguignar]$ locate abook.mab
    > /home/tguignar/.mozilla/default/foqp86n4.slt/abook.mab
    > /home/tguignar/.thunderbird/default/kktv0807.slt/abook.mab
    > /home/tguignar/.thunderbird/Thomas/i4njqw4z.slt/abook.mab
    >
    > The second one is the right one (the other two are empty), something I
    > can guess by looking into them. But what if I want to write an extension
    > that syncs the adress book with one on a server (to achieve a
    > centralized adress book)? How can I know which profile is used? What is
    > this kktv0807.slt crap?
    >
    > (I hope you'll appreciate the direct questions... :)
    >
    > Thanks,
    > T.

    The slt folders are intended for security, making it harder for
    someoneto hack into your profile. Your three addressbookls are for
    three profiles. You obviously have the Mozilla suite installed, with
    its mail component. Even if you don't use it, it has an addressbook
    waiting for you.

    You also have two TB profiles, one called default, and one called
    Thomas. By default, TB opens up in the last profile used, which is
    clearly the one called default. You could open profile mananger and
    delete the unused profile named Thomas if your want.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 13, 2005
  10. Captain Crunch

    Himm Guest

    Captain Crunch wrote:
    > I use TB 1.0 as my email client. I'd like to backup its address book,
    > but I cannot find the file. Does anyone here know the file's name?

    This is a great little program

    http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

    Himm, Jan 13, 2005