    I downloaded the file, got into TB extension manager, found the file and
    clicked "Install". After restarting TB, no calendar. What am I
    missing? Thanks.
    Stubby, Feb 1, 2006

  2. Stubby

    gwtc Guest

    Stubby wrote:

    > I downloaded the file, got into TB extension manager, found the file and
    > clicked "Install". After restarting TB, no calendar. What am I
    > missing? Thanks.

    sometimes, you have to try a couple of times
    gwtc, Feb 1, 2006

  3. gwtc wrote:
    > Stubby wrote:
    >
    >> I downloaded the file, got into TB extension manager, found the file
    >> and clicked "Install". After restarting TB, no calendar. What am I
    >> missing? Thanks.

    > sometimes, you have to try a couple of times

    I never used the Calendar extension. Have you looked at Sunbird?

    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird.html

    Its pretty basic, but for light duty needs it works. Some people have
    noted problems with this alpha. I've been using 0.2:

    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird_download_old.html

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 1, 2006
  4. Stubby

    Stubby Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Stubby wrote:
    >>
    >>> I downloaded the file, got into TB extension manager, found the file
    >>> and clicked "Install". After restarting TB, no calendar. What am I
    >>> missing? Thanks.

    >> sometimes, you have to try a couple of times

    > I never used the Calendar extension. Have you looked at Sunbird?
    >
    > http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird.html
    >
    > Its pretty basic, but for light duty needs it works. Some people have
    > noted problems with this alpha. I've been using 0.2:
    >
    > http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird_download_old.html
    >
    > Lee

    Thanks, Lee. I was actually after Sunbird but said "calendar".
    Sunbird installed just fine but I don't know how to get it to use the
    Sunbird calendar files on my old machine. It didn't work to copy them
    into my Sunbird profile directory. Can you give me another hint? Thanks.
    Stubby, Feb 2, 2006
  5. Stubby

    gwtc Guest

    Stubby wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >>gwtc wrote:

    >>>sometimes, you have to try a couple of times

    >>I never used the Calendar extension. Have you looked at Sunbird?
    >>
    >>http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird.html
    >>
    >>Its pretty basic, but for light duty needs it works. Some people have
    >>noted problems with this alpha. I've been using 0.2:
    >>
    >>http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird_download_old.html
    >>
    >>Lee

    > Thanks, Lee. I was actually after Sunbird but said "calendar".
    > Sunbird installed just fine but I don't know how to get it to use the
    > Sunbird calendar files on my old machine. It didn't work to copy them
    > into my Sunbird profile directory. Can you give me another hint? Thanks.

    There is a support group just for the calendar:
    gwtc, Feb 2, 2006
  6. Stubby

    Doug G Guest

    Stubby wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> sometimes, you have to try a couple of times

    >> I never used the Calendar extension. Have you looked at Sunbird?
    >>
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird.html
    >>
    >> Its pretty basic, but for light duty needs it works. Some people have
    >> noted problems with this alpha. I've been using 0.2:
    >>
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird_download_old.html
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Thanks, Lee. I was actually after Sunbird but said "calendar".
    > Sunbird installed just fine but I don't know how to get it to use the
    > Sunbird calendar files on my old machine. It didn't work to copy them
    > into my Sunbird profile directory. Can you give me another hint? Thanks.

    Try Import on Sunbird's File menu.
    Doug G, Feb 2, 2006
  7. Stubby

    Stubby Guest

    Doug G wrote:
    > Stubby wrote:

    >>> I never used the Calendar extension. Have you looked at Sunbird?
    >>>
    >>> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird.html
    >>>
    >>> Its pretty basic, but for light duty needs it works. Some people have
    >>> noted problems with this alpha. I've been using 0.2:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird_download_old.html
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> Thanks, Lee. I was actually after Sunbird but said "calendar".
    >> Sunbird installed just fine but I don't know how to get it to use the
    >> Sunbird calendar files on my old machine. It didn't work to copy
    >> them into my Sunbird profile directory. Can you give me another
    >> hint? Thanks.

    > Try Import on Sunbird's File menu.

    Thanks. That is probably the right thing to do but I reverted to
    release 0.2 which still has individual files for each calendar. I
    renamed my old files to be what 0.2 wanted to see and it seems to be
    working again. 0.3 has a single database file that holds all calendars
    and importing will be necessary. But if you read the release notes with
    0.3, you probably won't touch it with a stick.
    Stubby, Feb 2, 2006